17 for tonight v Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: 17 for tonight v Wakey

Post by jaws1 »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:25 pm
jaws1 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:50 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 pm Zak has had an okay match vs Leigh and a good game vs Wakefield and suddenly he better than French at GB?

Zak has played well but it's to early to say he deserves the spot of the season, especially when French for better or Worse was our main focus of attack from FB.
Did Zak say he was full back for 4 weeks before Leigh match or did I hear it wrong
What does that have to do with it, French was on extended leave course we would have someone standing in at fullback to train.
It has a lot to do with it Zak was told he would be full back for 4 weeks until French returns Zak is /was fullback before French came it was obvious he was going to full back.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well having missed the game on Friday I only just just to see it tonight. I don't know what all the complaints are about! The game I saw was a very decent arm-wrestle in the first half, and a strong team showing pressing home our advantage in the second half with some really well-worked tries. As others have said, I thought the bench energised us; Byrne was great, Shorrocks, apart from his horrible blooper when he Did Not Pass, was all over the opposition and always in the action. Smithies looked a better player too. I think, looking at our list of returnees, we can be well pleased.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:30 am Well having missed the game on Friday I only just just to see it tonight. I don't know what all the complaints are about! The game I saw was a very decent arm-wrestle in the first half, and a strong team showing pressing home our advantage in the second half with some really well-worked tries. As others have said, I thought the bench energised us; Byrne was great, Shorrocks, apart from his horrible blooper when he Did Not Pass, was all over the opposition and always in the action. Smithies looked a better player too. I think, looking at our list of returnees, we can be well pleased.
Good, accurate that moto.

You don't win the game in the 1st few minutes, when defences are at their strongest.