17 for tonight v Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: 17 for tonight v Wakey

Post by nathan_rugby »

mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:36 pm I can only think Hastings is on his way to Aus.
Haha here we go again
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

You can say what you like about Bibby, but his strike rate speaks for itself.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:35 pm Did anyone watch the after match analysis by Wells?
Basically said “Give me an argument why not to play Hardaker at fullback”

Carney, “Bevan French”

Wells, “If the rumours are half true then he’ll be playing in the halves in the not so distant future” (All said with a half smile and slight awkwardness in the studio)

This is from guys who actually hear what’s happening first hand.
Doubt Wells knows in ins and outs of deals happening due to his role, it would allow Cas the ability to snipe players and that doesn't seem to happen to often.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 pm
mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:36 pm I can only think Hastings is on his way to Aus.
Why?
That’s what Jon Wells was eluding to on the after match analysis. I’m not saying it’s true but it’s unusual for sky sports to mention rumours.........I hope he’s just clutching at straws
bertina

Post by bertina »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:32 pm Craig Bellamy for 2022
Meds, I do enjoy some of your posts, but this is getting a bit childish now.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Nobody has mentioned smithies yet...... outstanding tonight from the young man...... never stopped hitting up and tackling like his life depended on it...... this lad is a starter and no way a sub( he only seems to give daft pens when he comes off the bench)...... after watching the game proper after work ive realised , not only is fifita a pain in the arse( if he can ever keeps his shorts on), but hes forever niggling anyone who dares tackle him..... he never ever plays the ball(even when he does get to his feet to play it)....... and my favourite tactic is his ability to always grab the defenders shirt and make it look like hes being held down
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:06 am Nobody has mentioned smithies yet...... outstanding tonight from the young man...... never stopped hitting up and tackling like his life depended on it...... this lad is a starter and no way a sub( he only seems to give daft pens when he comes off the bench)...... after watching the game proper after work ive realised , not only is fifita a pain in the arse( if he can ever keeps his shorts on), but hes forever niggling anyone who dares tackle him..... he never ever plays the ball(even when he does get to his feet to play it)....... and my favourite tactic is his ability to always grab the defenders shirt and make it look like hes being held down
Go on then I’ll mention Morgan. I think he is a top class forward who will go on to play for England. He would be nailed on to play in my team every week. We have a group of young forwards who could go on and dominate this competition, all we need is a prop forward who makes metres for fun.

I may be in the minority but I also believe that Byrne has got a massive future. He struggled at the end of last season but I think that was down to illness. He has really impressed me this season.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Bibey top try scorer! :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:03 pm
mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:35 pm Did anyone watch the after match analysis by Wells?
Basically said “Give me an argument why not to play Hardaker at fullback”

Carney, “Bevan French”

Wells, “If the rumours are half true then he’ll be playing in the halves in the not so distant future” (All said with a half smile and slight awkwardness in the studio)

This is from guys who actually hear what’s happening first hand.
Playing in the halves over who?

Who covers Zak at centre?

Talking sh1te
Instead of Hastings if the rumours of his departure are correct...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:59 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Why?
That’s what Jon Wells was eluding to on the after match analysis. I’m not saying it’s true but it’s unusual for sky sports to mention rumours.........I hope he’s just clutching at straws
They do it all the time.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."