Tony Clubb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Tony Clubb

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It’s too early to tell, but we will need more props than the 4/5 we have played so far. It makes sense to judge him and Clark (and Kilner) when they are called upon.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:54 pm
pedro wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:23 am
Lee Hansen
think he left the club a while ago
An 'enigma signing' prop for me (in recent times) was Andy Powell. I remember him playing in the playoffs at Huddersfield and I thought for a late convert, he held his own quite well. Was never going to work out long-term though.

I also expected more from FPN!
Powell should have come over a few years sooner. He had great feet could go over the top in a tackle. But had a burst of speed and good hands also in union hard to stop. Issues was his age. Another player should have been Henson. He needed to get away from the Wales bubble a bit like Zak in Yorkshire.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I expect Clubb and Clark to play next week.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 pm I expect Clubb and Clark to play next week.
How come?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:52 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:56 pm I expect Clubb and Clark to play next week.
How come?
I would have thought for some match fitness and to let the soreness out of bumps and bruises. York have invested in older players just going down hill and loosing a bit of speed, but not necessarily skill so it would be a marker to see were the Wigan players are up to. Is anybody really tipping York to win. Wigan should win with speed alone over the 80 minutes
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 am
How come?
I would have thought for some match fitness and to let the soreness out of bumps and bruises. York have invested in older players just going down hill and loosing a bit of speed, but not necessarily skill so it would be a marker to see were the Wigan players are up to. Is anybody really tipping York to win. Wigan should win with speed alone over the 80 minutes
Ive just looked at the york squad...... i e only heard if 8 players..... not that this is anything to go off but, realistically we should win comfortably
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 am
How come?
Exactly