Bibby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Bibby

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Only 2 games in but the lad looks a step up from last year - he’s actually a really solid player - doesn’t take risks rarely makes mistakes and does have a bit of pace

Listening to him speak over the last few days he comes across really well very likeable
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Re: Bibby

Post by Caboosegg »

He wasn't even bad last year. If he had been a well known winger that everyone wanted at Wigan and put in his performances no one would have Complained.

As he was a perceived cheap signing from Salford he got flak.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Yes new players always need time to settle in played well the lad
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We have a dilemma once Manfredi, Gildart and Marshall are all fit, as Bibby’s performances are good enough for him to keep his place... good problem to have of course. He has been superb so far. It looks to me that the team is far better conditioned and a bit quicker than last year, so the new fitness team is doing its job very well.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:43 pm We have a dilemma once Manfredi, Gildart and Marshall are all fit, as Bibby’s performances are good enough for him to keep his place... good problem to have of course. He has been superb so far. It looks to me that the team is far better conditioned and a bit quicker than last year, so the new fitness team is doing its job very well.
Not really. Bibby is a centre so he will replace Isa, who I think will start from the bench, gilly back in the centre and Marshall and manfredi on the wings.
Think that’ll be a while off though as marshy isn’t suppose to be fit until may
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And we are all so hoping he returns to full fitness. But yeah, Bibby has been great and well deserves a place in the side.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Must admit I too think Bibby is more of a centre than winger. Don't think he was poor at all last season, he just looks more settled so far. Good to see him kicking on!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:43 pm We have a dilemma once Manfredi, Gildart and Marshall are all fit, as Bibby’s performances are good enough for him to keep his place... good problem to have of course. He has been superb so far. It looks to me that the team is far better conditioned and a bit quicker than last year, so the new fitness team is doing its job very well.
Not really. Bibby is a centre so he will replace Isa, who I think will start from the bench, gilly back in the centre and Marshall and manfredi on the wings.
Where will Zak and French fit in to that if Bibby is at centre?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:42 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 pm
Where will Zak and French fit in to that if Bibby is at centre?
Ha. Can’t believe I forgot them two. Well French will be FB and Zak back in the centre. Think it would be harsh on Bibby to be dropped though, he’s been solid for me. This is why we probably loaned out Hankinson, hard to fit him in with a fully fit back line.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Have you seen the interview with Jake Bibby on Wigan TV ? I don't think I have seen a happier player since Sam Tomkins left Wigan. Both what he says and the way he says it speaks well of his attitude and commitment. I will hold my hand up and say I wasn,t happy with him last season, but he has proved us doubters wrong. I hope he has a long and happy career with an attitude like that.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had