Challenge Cup 4th round

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Challenge Cup 4th round

Post by josie andrews »

Hull v Wigan in Cup QFs

Wigan will play Hull FC in the Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals.

Game to be played between 7th and 8th May.

Date, kick-off time and venue to be confirmed in due course.

Wigan Warriors will play Hull FC Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals.

After Hull’s win over Featherstone Rovers on Saturday night, the Cherry and Whites’ opposition for the next round has been confirmed.

The Quarter Finals will be played between 7th and 8th May, as two double headers, each on a neutral ground. Sky Sports will show two ties live on Friday 7th May, then the BBC will show two live on Saturday 8th May.

Details of the date, kick-off time and venue will be confirmed in due course.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/04/ ... n-cup-qfs/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Re: Challenge Cup 4th round

Post by CheshireWarrior »

No complaints!

If Fev turn over FC we are in big trouble! :lol:

Tbh, I didn't look at any SL team in the draw and think they are a preferred team. Fingers crossed we make Wembley.

Good performance by Leeds today!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Anyone else feel Catalans/Wakey was a vastly better watch than the Saints/Leeds game?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A months a long time in rugby, we will be ready for Hull.
jobo

Post by jobo »

moto748 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:06 pm Anyone else feel Catalans/Wakey was a vastly better watch than the Saints/Leeds game?
Just a bit. Saints were as clunky as owt. Thought Cats v Wakey was a far better watch.

I know he's not everyones cup of tea but Sam Tomkins is the best player in Super League at the moment.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 am
moto748 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:06 pm Anyone else feel Catalans/Wakey was a vastly better watch than the Saints/Leeds game?
Just a bit. Saints were as clunky as owt. Thought Cats v Wakey was a far better watch.

I know he's not everyones cup of tea but Sam Tomkins is the best player in Super League at the moment.
Top class. I know that some may disagree but I think that Sam is probably the best attacking fullback I have seen at Wigan, and I go back a long way! He may have lost a yard of pace but his vision and execution are second to none.
HDS

Post by HDS »

I agree totally that Sam Tomkins is the best player in Super League. Still gutted he doesn't still play
for Wigan. He his the best Full back I have ever seen playing in this country especially in his first spell at Wigan. .

He had lost some of his speed when he came back but he was a better defensive full back then. His vision and leadership his second to none, he can probably play half back and be just as effective.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I still find it odd the club didn’t back him,they’d pretty much nursed him back to full fitness,he’d finally found the form we all had waited so long to see only for him to up sticks and be off.

The lad is class player no doubt it’s just a shame it’s Catalans fans who get to see the best of the older version of Tomkins
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

If he had wanted to stay, we could have done a deal with him, but he wanted a fortune after we had paid him around a million mostly to sit and watch. He was crocked for most of his 3 years earning a fortune, including getting injured for months while drunk, and poor most of the time he did play.

That’s history now, and I am pleased to see him strutting his stuff again. If he had shown this season’s form while under his 3 year contract, then I am sure he would still be with us. All that said, he is not the player he was before he went to Oz, when he was absolutely world class, the best player we have had since Farrell IMHO.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He is still one hell of a player now, as that performance showed.