21-man squad v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: 21-man squad v Leeds

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am Not a bad shout French on the wing! Hanley could be one for the future, but still has a fair distance to go yet IMO.

Be interesting to see how Eastmond goes tonight.
Not seen anything from Hanley yet that suggests he is one for the future. Albeit he has had a very limited run of games and has had minimal reserve / u18 experience in last few years so he does need more time and chances.

I think we have been spoiled in the last 10 years with wingers coming through and hitting the ground running. Charnley, Burgess, Manfredi, Marshall, Davies
Have we really been spoiled with Manfredi though :?:
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am Not a bad shout French on the wing! Hanley could be one for the future, but still has a fair distance to go yet IMO.

Not seen anything from Hanley yet that suggests he is one for the future. Albeit he has had a very limited run of games and has had minimal reserve / u18 experience in last few years so he does need more time and chances.

I think we have been spoiled in the last 10 years with wingers coming through and hitting the ground running. Charnley, Burgess, Manfredi, Marshall, Davies
That's why I said could be one for the future :lol:

I agree with you on both counts! If or when we can loan Hanley out, could be an idea? Again if or when Marshall and Manfredi are fit (and Bibby is in form), might be hard for Hanley to push his way into the 17.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

I don’t think Hanley is helped though by not having a genuine centre inside of him.
It was a nice touch by Hastings v York to get him over for the try when Hastings could have gone himself or passed inside to Zak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’d keep Isa with Bibby as they have had a good rapport between them these last couple of games
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:16 pm I’d keep Isa with Bibby as they have had a good rapport between them these last couple of games
Absolutely!
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ManxWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 am I don’t think Hanley is helped though by not having a genuine centre inside of him.
It was a nice touch by Hastings v York to get him over for the try when Hastings could have gone himself or passed inside to Zak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think Hanley is helped by playing out of position.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:38 am

The point was about wingers coming through and hitting the ground running. From memory Manfredi absolutely burst onto the scene.

Subsequent injuries are irrelevant to my point.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think Hanley is improving in leaps and bounds. He is starting to look solid defensively and I'd hope he offers something in attack as he's been promoted into the first team so there must be something there. His confidence is hopefully growing each week. I'd play French at FB and keep Hanley in the side.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:38 am

If you were going off his first few years you would. Was our best player for most games.
Pulled us out of the s**t a good few times
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I see that Bevan still isn't fit enough to play so Umyla plays again. I was a big advocate for him playing last week but was hoping he'd be given a break today. Best of luck to the lad, this could be a very signifcant night for him.