21-man squad v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: 21-man squad v Leeds

Post by Wintergreen »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am Not a bad shout French on the wing! Hanley could be one for the future, but still has a fair distance to go yet IMO.

Be interesting to see how Eastmond goes tonight.
Not seen anything from Hanley yet that suggests he is one for the future. Albeit he has had a very limited run of games and has had minimal reserve / u18 experience in last few years so he does need more time and chances.

I think we have been spoiled in the last 10 years with wingers coming through and hitting the ground running. Charnley, Burgess, Manfredi, Marshall, Davies

Me neither. Presumably our coaches have though.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:56 am Not a bad shout French on the wing! Hanley could be one for the future, but still has a fair distance to go yet IMO.

Be interesting to see how Eastmond goes tonight.
Not seen anything from Hanley yet that suggests he is one for the future. Albeit he has had a very limited run of games and has had minimal reserve / u18 experience in last few years so he does need more time and chances.

I think we have been spoiled in the last 10 years with wingers coming through and hitting the ground running. Charnley, Burgess, Manfredi, Marshall, Davies

Me neither. Presumably our coaches have though.
Thought it just me in regards to young Hanley but time will tell but he’s a ways off being first team ready for my money
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Hanley did nothing wrong tonight, needs some time on-loan to develop though.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought Umyla had a good game tonight he was good under the high bomb. Made one error again but he is still a kid & playing out of position.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Neither winger saw any decent ball tonight but they were both solid, as were the other 15.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Imo we can forget the backs who are absent.

The real issue we have is that we are missing a big, strong middle. i.e. Burgess before he was crocked.

Not really news to anyone, as that's presumably why we signed GB in the first place, but I really worry that as this season progresses, without a unit like that on the field, our youngsters are going to burn out.

Hope I am wrong.