Hardaker: Give it our all

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Hardaker: Give it our all

Post by josie andrews »

Zak Hardaker looks ahead to Wigan’s away trip to face Leeds Rhinos.

Hardaker: “We certainly won’t be taking them lightly at all. We’ll be giving it 110%.”

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors, Thurs 15th April, Emerald Headingley Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.

Zak Hardaker believes Wigan must not take the challenge of Leeds lightly on Thursday night despite their injury concerns.

Much like the Cherry and Whites, the Rhinos have begun the 2021 season with a collection of first team players sidelined through injury.

Speaking to Wigan TV ahead of Thursday’s game at Emerald Headingley Stadium, the in-form full back highlighted their good performance against St Helens in the Betfred Challenge Cup last weekend.

“If they didn’t get that red card, the game would have been a lot closer. It was a real good statement and they will take a lot of encouragement from that result.”

The last time the two sides faced off was in the 2020 Challenge Cup semi final, when Richard Agar’s men came out on top. Hardaker highlighted how the defeat had left a lasting memory.

“We’re still a little bit scarred from the Challenge Cup defeat last year. I’m not saying it’s revenge we are looking for, but we certainly won’t be taking them lightly at all. We’ll be giving it 110%.”

The Englishman has begun the season in fine form, scoring a try in each of the opening two Betfred Super League games and assisting another two.

On his progress so far he said: “I had a good pre-season, got a bit quicker and fitter which has given me the chance to perform well. I’m glad that seems to be paying off.”

Hear more from Zak on his 2021 form, Thursday’s opposition and Wigan’s Challenge Cup tie with Hull FC in the full interview on Wigan TV by clicking HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/04/ ... t-our-all/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan