Tonight’s game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Tonight’s game

Post by CheshireWarrior »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:39 pm
jackthelad wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:22 pm
Welski wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm He needs to practice or give up the kicking duties - missing short is woeful
Hankinson would not be missing them!!
It's no coincidence that Hank put pressure on Zac, which actually improved his goal kicking
Give up on Hankinson. He isn’t good enough.
+1, unless he has a storming season in the south, I'd be amazed if he puts on a Wigan shirt again IMO.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think smithies went well tonight always been good defensively but carried it better tonight,along with shorrocks who did well I think Lams got selection problems in second row when everyone is fit
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm Why aren’t Wigan top of the table?
They are using the win % thing again this season. Must be expecting games to be cancelled due to covid again as that's the only reason I can think why they are doing it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:32 pm Well job done I suppose not a great performance but a good win in the end.

Hardaker MOM for me despite his kicking
Hardaker is playing very well at the moment, goal kicking aside. We seem to be relying on bits if individual good play to win games so there is plenty of room for improvement overall.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm
East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:46 pm Why aren’t Wigan top of the table?
At a guess, have Saints and Hull FC got a better points for/against in their first two games as they are also 100%?

Isn't the LLS/Playoffs like last season? On a points per game average thingy lol?
All games this year are based on the percentage rule that they used at the back end of last season. RFL notified clubs before the start that this season. That’s why we really do need to score more tries!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And a few years ago, we were saying we were too reliant on Gildart or George Williams for a moment of brilliance.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

George did get us quite a few repeat sets, though.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Job done another win on the board. We will get better offensively as the season goes on as we have some very good strike players to come back into the team. Defensively, over the last three games we have been superb. I do agree with Phil Clarke though our Achilles heel may be our lack of go forward, we need to find an alternative way of making the hard yards or we need to recruit. Preferably both 😀
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

jackthelad wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:22 pm
Welski wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:13 pm He needs to practice or give up the kicking duties - missing short is woeful
Hankinson would not be missing them!!
It's no coincidence that Hank put pressure on Zac, which actually improved his goal kicking
Like the one that he missed from the side of the posts at Salford last year?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:48 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 pm
At a guess, have Saints and Hull FC got a better points for/against in their first two games as they are also 100%?

Isn't the LLS/Playoffs like last season? On a points per game average thingy lol?
All games this year are based on the percentage rule that they used at the back end of last season. RFL notified clubs before the start that this season. That’s why we really do need to score more tries!
We need to concede fewer, the devisor is the critical number.