New deal for Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: New deal for Smith

Post by moto748 »

Yes, pleased to hear this. Harry had made a good start in SL, and lets hope he goes from strength to strength.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:35 pm Ideal to have this tied up, Plans in place for Hastings’ exit at the end of the season. Looking forward to seeing Harry improve year on year and hopefully become a Wigan great.
Hastings off next season https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hastin ... c6z1XQJVlw
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Yeah I know thats why I said it :lol:
HDS

Post by HDS »

Great news, will learn a lot with Leuluai , Hastings and Lam.

I have watched him in the academy very good goal kicker, as well as a good last tackle option.

Should be taking the goal kicks when he is on the field with Zac's kicking being a bit wayward at the moment.

Best of luck Harry
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

HDS wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:37 pm Great news, will learn a lot with Leuluai , Hastings and Lam.

I have watched him in the academy very good goal kicker, as well as a good last tackle option.

Should be taking the goal kicks when he is on the field with Zac's kicking being a bit wayward at the moment.

Best of luck Harry
You’re right he could hit them over from all sorts of angles in the academy games maybe he’s not having that pressure put on him till he finds his feet fully?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think he has potential for the future! He doesn't have the game management of Hastings IMO, this will obviously come with more game time.

He does (for a young chap), have great confidence going forwards and is a threat taking the line on.

Can certainly learn at from Lam and obviously Lulu and Jacko. Would also like to see how he goes taking conversions!

Would be happy with him at 7 next season, playing week in week out too can hopefully aid his quick development he has shown so far!