Hastings signs NRL deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Hastings signs NRL deal

Post by josie andrews »

He only came to England SL for seven weeks originally but it turned into three years.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/04/ ... ave-wigan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Can anyone say they are surprised? I certainly can't!

The guy is quality, it's not difficult to understand why he want to test himself in the NRL again and he's certainly got the skill level!

His game management will be a huge loss. Harry Smith's extension is good news, he simply lacks Hasting's experience.

I personally haven't been a fan of the media game played around Hastings for the past two seasons. I think it has been disrespect to the club. Yes, Hastings is entitled to look elsewhere etc......but there are ways and means of doing this!

I'm not glad he is going, I'm glad we all have clarification and we can plan for the future!

Lulu to retire, Hastings gone, Field injury?
CheshireWarrior

Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:53 am If he goes im sure will will have a signing ready
Lam Jnr en route lol :lol:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Players come and go, that’s the way it is. The NRL is always gonna attract the top players.
As long as he gives us his all to the end of the season, I’ll be happy.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm Can anyone say they are surprised? I certainly can't!

The guy is quality, it's not difficult to understand why he want to test himself in the NRL again and he's certainly got the skill level!

His game management will be a huge loss. Harry Smith's extension is good news, he simply lacks Hasting's experience.

I personally haven't been a fan of the media game played around Hastings for the past two seasons. I think it has been disrespect to the club. Yes, Hastings is entitled to look elsewhere etc......but there are ways and means of doing this!

I'm not glad he is going, I'm glad we all have clarification and we can plan for the future!

The lad has just turned 21! And hasn’t had as much first team experience as Hastings.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm Can anyone say they are surprised? I certainly can't!

The lad has just turned 21! And hasn’t had as much first team experience as Hastings.
I'm glad you agree with me!
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Fair play to him don’t think he’s ever hid his ambitions to play NRL. He’s played well for us and he will give 100% hopefully signing off with a grand final win this time!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm I personally haven't been a fan of the media game played around Hastings for the past two seasons. I think it has been disrespect to the club. Yes, Hastings is entitled to look elsewhere etc......but there are ways and means of doing this!
That's not his fault. He's been pretty straight about things and obviously can't discuss such things in public and our club doesn't do that either. Unfortunately there are always leaks, journalists stoking the fire and the rumours start.

It's always like this and it's a bit hypocritical of us to complain given when we are linked with a quality player who may join our club we all get excited with no thought the fans of the players current club.

He's even come out and said he's grateful to all the fans for putting up with the rumours and speculation.

So long as he sees his contract out that is fine by me. It's the players who want to break contracts to leave early I have no time for.
CheshireWarrior

DaveO wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm I personally haven't been a fan of the media game played around Hastings for the past two seasons. I think it has been disrespect to the club. Yes, Hastings is entitled to look elsewhere etc......but there are ways and means of doing this!
That's not his fault. He's been pretty straight about things and obviously can't discuss such things in public and our club doesn't do that either. Unfortunately there are always leaks, journalists stoking the fire and the rumours start.

It's always like this and it's a bit hypocritical of us to complain given when we are linked with a quality player who may join our club we all get excited with no thought the fans of the players current club.

He's even come out and said he's grateful to all the fans for putting up with the rumours and speculation.

So long as he sees his contract out that is fine by me. It's the players who want to break contracts to leave early I have no time for.
Well your certainly correct about journos!

I think Jacko will have a superb final season. I have no qualms with Jackson signing for a NRL club or soliciting interest (every player is entitled to enhance their future).

I'm not suggesting he has been duplicitous at all and fair play to him for acknowledging this (especially to us fans).

I do have a question mark over how much HE personally has played the media game though. It has taken him some time previously to deny rumours (which have proven to be true anyway) and on more than one occasion.

For me, if he had been more swift to placate the rumour mill and or the club made a statement or confirmed or denied anything associated, I'd feel a little less annoyed. As I said, I don't mind him leaving, I'd have just preferred it to be a little bit more discreet or fully confirmed (without constant speculation since his arrival).

I agree with the contract aspect and I'm glad he has confirmed it now (rather than the end of the season).
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Good luck to him, and i hope he has a great season with us. Extra motivation to leave on a winning note with any luck.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐