Hastings signs NRL deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Hastings signs NRL deal

Post by medlocke »

He'll be a Warrington in 2023 when the Tigers get sick to death of all his drama and the players do the same as the ones did before he came here, Full on drama queen who has to be the centre of attention which is a shame as he is a great player
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

DaveO wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm I personally haven't been a fan of the media game played around Hastings for the past two seasons. I think it has been disrespect to the club. Yes, Hastings is entitled to look elsewhere etc......but there are ways and means of doing this!
That's not his fault. He's been pretty straight about things and obviously can't discuss such things in public and our club doesn't do that either. Unfortunately there are always leaks, journalists stoking the fire and the rumours start.

It's always like this and it's a bit hypocritical of us to complain given when we are linked with a quality player who may join our club we all get excited with no thought the fans of the players current club.

He's even come out and said he's grateful to all the fans for putting up with the rumours and speculation.

So long as he sees his contract out that is fine by me. It's the players who want to break contracts to leave early I have no time for.
100% agree
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:50 pm He'll be a Warrington in 2023 when the Tigers get sick to death of all his drama and the players do the same as the ones did before he came here, Full on drama queen who has to be the centre of attention which is a shame as he is a great player
"Takes one to know one" Meds???
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Rich5

Post by Rich5 »

medlocke wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:50 pm He'll be a Warrington in 2023 when the Tigers get sick to death of all his drama and the players do the same as the ones did before he came here, Full on drama queen who has to be the centre of attention which is a shame as he is a great player
meow😂
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings refuses to rule out Super League return after securing NRL move

The former Man of Steel says he can't see himself playing for any other club in the UK other than Wigan.

Jackson Hastings has left the door open on a return to Wigan Warriors one day, saying he couldn't envisage playing for another Super League club if he ever returned to England.

Hastings will return to the NRL in 2022 after signing a two-year deal with Wests Tigers, ending what has been near-constant speculation over his future ever since he joined Wigan at the start of last season.

However, the half-back insisted the decision was not as straightforward as some may have assumed, not least in part due to the affinity he now has for the Warriors.

"People always expected me to go home whenever but for me, it was pretty hard," he told the club's official Twitter account.

"I've got a partner that's English, so for her to move to the other side of the world for me is a massive deal. I love this place; people can say what they want about how I feel about Wigan, but I love this place and the people who are involved in the club."

Hastings also admitted he's held talks with Warriors chief executive Kris Radlinski about the prospect of returning in the future, hinting that he'd never sign for another Super League club if he ever came back to England.

He said: "I've got such good relationships with the people from top to bottom. I've had open conversations with Kris and that door has never been shut on coming back in the future if I was to come back to Super League. At this point in time I couldn't picture myself playing for any other Super League club. I'm extremely grateful to play for this club."

Hastings also reaffirmed his commitment to Wigan for the rest of this year, saying he's determined to leave 'a winner' after developing a strong bond for the Warriors.

"I'm really proud to have played for Wigan and to continue to play for Wigan for the rest of this season," he said. "When I first came over, I didn't understand the magnitude of the club and the history behind it, but once I've been a part of it and played with people like Sean O'Loughlin and Liam Farrell, it's just got a real family club feel that breeds from within.

"I feel honoured to be able to wear this badge every single weekend. To the fans, I want to say thank you for sticking by me. There's been constant rumour and speculation since I got to the club, and for me, I've just focused on my footy.

"I've trained as well as I can, so thank you for sticking by me and understanding how hard it's been for me to deal with that stuff. To Ian (Lenagan), Kris and Lammy (Adrian Lam), for getting me to this wonderful place. To be able to go to a Grand Final with this bunch of boys and be expected to win most weeks is something I thrive off. I can't wait to hopefully go out a winner and wear this jersey with pride for the rest of the year.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-20432969
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It is good to read about his passion for the club and the people connected with it. Fingers crossed he goes out on a high, irrespective of whether he returns or not.