Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Manfredi

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:24 pm I think he's worth every penny IMO!

He's worked his plums off to get back to match fitness, always gives 100% and beat Wire in the GF!.......its good enough for my money!

On serious note, the only change in him, is that he has lost slight pace! Apart from that I think he's 100% soild (when fit).

Injuries are part and parcel, Tom Johnstone has had a few at Wakey, do you think they'd want him offloaded because he is injury prone?
Our fans do, they want to bring him in to replace Manfredi.

Hasn't Johnstone had the same number of injuries to his legs/knee/ACL
I think he's fair to say Johnstone's had a few knocks and I think both knees (although I could be wrong).

Either way, I'm more than happy to retain Manfredi going forwards. Johnstone would be a superb signing though.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm I think its about time we let this lad go,has been a good player in his time but always seems to pick up injuries that keep him out,other players have had a broken thumb and been back within 4 weeks,if present reports are right he will not play on Thursday,time to say goodbye I think?
totally agree Suzie, Shame the tinted glasses brigade can't see it, Uncle Mo wouldn't had put up with it

77 games in 7 seasons simply isn't good enough
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I agree Johnstone is quality.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He is so good, and so entertaining that we should do everything we can to get and keep him fit. Given that this is the last year of his contract, no one will be more desperate than Dom to get back on the field. I know it might sound odd, but I would discount a thumb injury, as it doesn’t tell us anything about his long term prospects - if he had missed these games with a bad knee than I would be far more worried (that may be famous last words, but I am keeping everything crossed he will be fine in the next week or so).
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm I think its about time we let this lad go,has been a good player in his time but always seems to pick up injuries that keep him out,other players have had a broken thumb and been back within 4 weeks,if present reports are right he will not play on Thursday,time to say goodbye I think?
Let go of him when?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:24 pm I agree Johnstone is quality.
He’s as brittle as Manfredi is seemingly
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Johnstone is an all out left winger and dom is defo a right one..... im very happy with marshy and dom( providing dom gets fit very soon)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:53 pm Johnstone is an all out left winger and dom is defo a right one..... im very happy with marshy and dom( providing dom gets fit very soon)
Good shout this!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

If, and only if, Manfred us unable to contribute effectively this season, and we had to look for another winger, I'd be happier with Tom Davies than the injury-prone Johnstone, good as he is.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:24 pm I agree Johnstone is quality.
But also misses a lot of matches through injury so why sign him in place of Manfredi?