Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Manfredi

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:34 pm If, and only if, Manfred us unable to contribute effectively this season, and we had to look for another winger, I'd be happier with Tom Davies than the injury-prone Johnstone, good as he is.
Tom is out of contract at the end of the season, I would be on the phone to him now. He is one of the form wingers in the competition.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Didn’t we already give Tom Davies a 4/5 year contract just before he decided he didn’t like the way the team were going to be playing??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:41 pm
Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm I think its about time we let this lad go,has been a good player in his time but always seems to pick up injuries that keep him out,other players have had a broken thumb and been back within 4 weeks,if present reports are right he will not play on Thursday,time to say goodbye I think?
Let go of him when?
??
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:03 am Didn’t we already give Tom Davies a 4/5 year contract just before he decided he didn’t like the way the team were going to be playing??
Did we?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:58 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:03 am Didn’t we already give Tom Davies a 4/5 year contract just before he decided he didn’t like the way the team were going to be playing??
Did we?
Yeah
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I thought he left to guarantee game time.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:06 am I thought he left to guarantee game time.
He did. He's too good not to be first or second choice.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Manfredi has battled through some serious injuries and its a lonely place to be in physically and mentally plus most players would have given up and stopped fighting to get back to playing . I salute the lads courage and determination to get back to playing , so instead of us being negative we should support him and be proud of how much he wants to play for Wigan.

Most of the knockers on here could learn a lesson from him
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm Manfredi has battled through some serious injuries and its a lonely place to be in physically and mentally plus most players would have given up and stopped fighting to get back to playing . I salute the lads courage and determination to get back to playing , so instead of us being negative we should support him and be proud of how much he wants to play for Wigan.

This ⬆️ Well said 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm Manfredi has battled through some serious injuries and its a lonely place to be in physically and mentally plus most players would have given up and stopped fighting to get back to playing . I salute the lads courage and determination to get back to playing , so instead of us being negative we should support him and be proud of how much he wants to play for Wigan.

This ⬆️ Well said 😊
I get this message and I do hope he makes a great recovery, soon, but I do think we should have a signing a new winger in mind.
Manfredi hasn’t had an injury free season for 4-5 years, bibby isn’t a winger but has done well, Hanley is still young but is he a winger, and we don’t know how marshy will be after his injury.