Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Manfredi

Post by Suzieb »

I think its about time we let this lad go,has been a good player in his time but always seems to pick up injuries that keep him out,other players have had a broken thumb and been back within 4 weeks,if present reports are right he will not play on Thursday,time to say goodbye I think?
Caboosegg

Re: Manfredi

Post by Caboosegg »

We don't know what damage has been done to the hand.

We should not be letting Manfredi go while we have no cover and even then we are 3 games in he could come back and have a brilliant season.

At the end of the day I can't imagine Manfredi is getting a new contract if he's out most of the season again so let's just see how it plays out. I hope he's does well and stays.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TravellingWarrior

Post by TravellingWarrior »

Do you mean straight away or at the end of his contract which is the end of this season I think?

Link -> https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... riors-deal

Will be interesting to see what happens if he plays well for the majority of the season I can see another contract coming his way however if (heaven forbid) he gets another long term injury then that may be it for his time with us.

Personally I am hoping for the former (playing well) as he's a good strong winger and will also allow time for Hanley to continue to develop.
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only one page.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm I think its about time we let this lad go,has been a good player in his time but always seems to pick up injuries that keep him out,other players have had a broken thumb and been back within 4 weeks,if present reports are right he will not play on Thursday,time to say goodbye I think?
Yeah, lets pay all his salary off right now in a chunk and not have him available to play and also not be able to replace him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I think he's worth every penny IMO!

He's worked his plums off to get back to match fitness, always gives 100% and beat Wire in the GF!.......its good enough for my money!

On serious note, the only change in him, is that he has lost slight pace! Apart from that I think he's 100% soild (when fit).

Injuries are part and parcel, Tom Johnstone has had a few at Wakey, do you think they'd want him offloaded because he is injury prone?
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:10 pm I think its about time we let this lad go,has been a good player in his time but always seems to pick up injuries that keep him out,other players have had a broken thumb and been back within 4 weeks,if present reports are right he will not play on Thursday,time to say goodbye I think?
Jeez, have you ever written anything positive on this forum
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:24 pm I think he's worth every penny IMO!

He's worked his plums off to get back to match fitness, always gives 100% and beat Wire in the GF!.......its good enough for my money!

On serious note, the only change in him, is that he has lost slight pace! Apart from that I think he's 100% soild (when fit).

Injuries are part and parcel, Tom Johnstone has had a few at Wakey, do you think they'd want him offloaded because he is injury prone?
Our fans do, they want to bring him in to replace Manfredi.

Hasn't Johnstone had the same number of injuries to his legs/knee/ACL
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:33 pm
Jeez, have you ever written anything positive on this forum
I actually thought the same thing when I read the the title of the thread!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:24 pm I think he's worth every penny IMO!

Our fans do, they want to bring him in to replace Manfredi.

Hasn't Johnstone had the same number of injuries to his legs/knee/ACL
Plus regular concussion injuries!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What I do is comment on up to date matters,I do not put on statements that the club has already released.