Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Manfredi

Post by nathan_rugby »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 pm The time to judge manfredi is at the end of the season if he continues to have problems or doesn't recover his form i don't think he'll expect a new contract ,but I think he deserves a chance to prove he does. Saints were on the verge of releasing lomax a couple of years ago because of injury concerns but stuck with him,we also let Sean Long go partially due to injury concerns and look how well that went. Club however has had his chance three carries in a game is not good enough and his inclusion is holding back Kilner who I think could potentially be the hard running prop we all want
Sean Long argument, Jesus Christ. He was a kid in the academy and we had a load of players in front of him. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Manfredi vs Lomax in appearances

2020 - 11 vs 21
2019 - 4 vs 30
2018 - 5 vs 31
2017 - 0 vs 19
2016 - 25 vs 18
2015 - 20 vs 5
2014 - 17 vs 15

Lomax 2010 to 2013 - 8, 29, 29, 19
pedro

Post by pedro »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:18 pm The time to judge manfredi is at the end of the season if he continues to have problems or doesn't recover his form i don't think he'll expect a new contract ,but I think he deserves a chance to prove he does. Saints were on the verge of releasing lomax a couple of years ago because of injury concerns but stuck with him,we also let Sean Long go partially due to injury concerns and look how well that went. Club however has had his chance three carries in a game is not good enough and his inclusion is holding back Kilner who I think could potentially be the hard running prop we all want
no we didnt, we used him as part ex for hansen, edwards was in front of him nothing else so was surplus
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:16 pm And before you pipe up caboosegg I know Clubb never plays a whole game but he should be playing 25-35 mins a game, not a 10min cameo
Pipe up.. are opposite opinions not allowed :D

I just think calls for Dom to go are premature and if we follow the logic Gilly must be looked at.

On Clubb I don't know why his contract was extended
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:54 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:16 pm And before you pipe up caboosegg I know Clubb never plays a whole game but he should be playing 25-35 mins a game, not a 10min cameo
Pipe up.. are opposite opinions not allowed :D

I just think calls for Dom to go are premature and if we follow the logic Gilly must be looked at.

On Clubb I don't know why his contract was extended
Why are they premature for Dom? He has played 20 first team games in the last 4 seasons.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

The point of my last post was that manfredi is under contract for this season and deserves that chance to prove he deserves another.I used long and lomax as examples of players who have overcome injuries to regain full fitness, saints did consider releasing Lomax and the argument he played more games than Manfred hardly makes him indestructible does it. As for long he was swapped for Hansen and I did say partially released and yes he was behind Edwards but he was coming to the end at wigan and a lot of fans thought Longs time had come and they were right but unfortunately that time came at st helens
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Would love Dom to get a run without injury and to find some form. He looked a yard or two off before he was injured again. All that must take a tole but if anyone can do it I'm sure he can.
Long was moved on for off field issues was always the story I was told it would be jaw dropping :roll: if we just let him go.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!