Manfredi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: Manfredi

Post by Wintergreen »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm Manfredi has battled through some serious injuries and its a lonely place to be in physically and mentally plus most players would have given up and stopped fighting to get back to playing . I salute the lads courage and determination to get back to playing , so instead of us being negative we should support him and be proud of how much he wants to play for Wigan.

Most of the knockers on here could learn a lesson from him
Totally agree.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:51 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm Manfredi has battled through some serious injuries and its a lonely place to be in physically and mentally plus most players would have given up and stopped fighting to get back to playing . I salute the lads courage and determination to get back to playing , so instead of us being negative we should support him and be proud of how much he wants to play for Wigan.

Most of the knockers on here could learn a lesson from him
Totally agree.
If he continues to have an injury hit season OR his form is a shadow of his former self, do you both thing we should give him a new contract because of his attitude and form 3-4 years ago?

I personally don’t unless his salary is that of a 3rd or 4th choice winger.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I have a lot of time for Dom,on his day he’s as good if not better than any winger in SL but sport is harsh and it certainly is a salary capped sport it’s an odd one he’s too good to let go but is to injury prone to keep.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 am I have a lot of time for Dom,on his day he’s as good if not better than any winger in SL but sport is harsh and it certainly is a salary capped sport it’s an odd one he’s too good to let go but is to injury prone to keep.
Fully agree.

Situation was different when we had Burgess and Manfredi as “first team” wingers and Marshall and Davies as back ups.
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

Looking towards recruitment for 2022 ALREADY because of various departures, retirements and injury problems.
I would be looking at bringing Tom Davies back, we will need a winger! maybe Jake Wardle depending on the uncertainty with Oliver Gildart. Danny Richardson may be someone to consider at half back, he seems to be out of favour at Cas and is a great goalkicker and also a very good tactical kicker, we will need someone to partner Harry Smith.
Finally a good prop, unless George Burgess makes a miracle recovery where can we find this person?
All we need then is to start a season without a raft of injuries, exasperating!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Good things are in motion. just be patient. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

eaststandspy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 pm Looking towards recruitment for 2022 ALREADY because of various departures, retirements and injury problems.
I would be looking at bringing Tom Davies back, we will need a winger! maybe Jake Wardle depending on the uncertainty with Oliver Gildart. Danny Richardson may be someone to consider at half back, he seems to be out of favour at Cas and is a great goalkicker and also a very good tactical kicker, we will need someone to partner Harry Smith.
Finally a good prop, unless George Burgess makes a miracle recovery where can we find this person?
What did we get Jai Field for?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:30 pm
eaststandspy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 pm Looking towards recruitment for 2022 ALREADY because of various departures, retirements and injury problems.
Come on Josie, if you don't know then we really are in a confused mess.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Utility player for 2021 and then in 2022 either replace French or Hastings which is dependent on performances in 2021...?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

A couple of Wigan pies I think 🤔