21-man squad v Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21-man squad v Castleford

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names Wigan’s 21-man squad to face Castleford Tigers.

One change in the 21 as Liam Byrne returns in the place of Sam Halsall.

Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers, Thurs 22nd April, DW Stadium, K.O. 6pm.

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Castleford Tigers in Round 4 of the Betfred Super League this Thursday (K.O. 6pm).

Both sides head into the fixture with an unbeaten record in 2021 so far, having won all three of their league fixtures and their third round Challenge Cup ties.

Team News

Prop forward Liam Byrne returns for selection after serving a one-match penalty notice last week.

After being named in last week’s 21 but missing out on match day due to a slight back issue, Bevan French is named in the squad to face Castleford.

Injury news

In Monday’s press conference the head coach highlighted a slight concern over club captain Thomas Leuluai. He said: “He’s got a sternum issue. We will see how he pulls up and give it until captain’s run to decide.”

The the kiwi half back is included in the 21 to face Castleford on Thursday evening.

Dom Manfredi misses out this week after Lam confirmed the winger had taken a knock in training to the injured hand which has kept him out of action so far this season.

Oliver Gildart again misses out as he recovers from a groin strain which has halted the centre taking to the field in 2021 so far.

Jai Field remains unavailable after suffering a hamstring tear in Round 1 against Leigh Centurions

Liam Marshall continues his recovery from a knee injury (anterior cruciate ligament) which has kept him sidelined since September 2020.

Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Castleford

1. Bevan French
3. Zak Hardaker
7. Thomas Leuluai
8. Brad Singleton
9. Sam Powell
10. Joe Bullock
11. Willie Isa
12. Liam Farrell
13. John Bateman
14. Oliver Partington
15. Morgan Smithies
17. Tony Clubb
19. Liam Byrne
20. Harry Smith
21. Ethan Havard
22. Jake Bibby
23. Mitch Clark
25. Joe Shorrocks
29. James McDonnell
30. Umyla Hanley
31. Jackson Hastings

Missing the buzz of the Golden Gamble Draw on matchdays? Never fear… its all-new online twin the Virtual 50/50 Half Time Draw is here to offer you great prizes and keep providing a huge revenue boost to our famed Academy! Click here for more info.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/04/ ... astleford/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fan4Fifty

Re: 21-man squad v Castleford

Post by Fan4Fifty »

So Dom has now taken a knock to his injured hand to keep him out for even longer! It can't have been in good shape if a training knock sets him back again.
And Ollie Gildart - is this going to be another injury that doesn't respond to rest/treatment and will eventually need an operation that will keep him out for most of the season.
Starting to feel very uneasy about these injuries.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:04 pm So Dom has now taken a knock to his injured hand to keep him out for even longer! It can't have been in good shape if a training knock sets him back again.
And Ollie Gildart - is this going to be another injury that doesn't respond to rest/treatment and will eventually need an operation that will keep him out for most of the season.
Gildarts injury record is shocking. I’d love to know how many games he played and the % of the total in :
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:09 pm
Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:04 pm So Dom has now taken a knock to his injured hand to keep him out for even longer! It can't have been in good shape if a training knock sets him back again.
Gildarts injury record is shocking. I’d love to know how many games he played and the % of the total in :
129 since 2015
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

According to his profile on the Warriors website he played 28 games in 2018, 34 in 2019 but only 9 in 2020. So not too bad until last year. It's the fact that no time frame is being put on his return that is concerning and disappointing with some important games coming up - I'm a big Gildart fan and hope he's back soon.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:35 pm
According to his profile on the Warriors website he played 28 games in 2018, 34 in 2019 but only 9 in 2020. So not too bad until last year. It's the fact that no time frame is being put on his return that is concerning and disappointing with some important games coming up - I'm a big Gildart fan and hope he's back soon.
Just last year clouding my judgment then.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Anyone got a code to watch the game?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:11 pm Anyone got a code to watch the game?
Every Season Ticket holder has their own unique code. Whether it is possible to share.... But I’ll ask around my friends if they have a spare one 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Hi Josie, How can i find out what my unique number is. As i am season ticket holder?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

warriors01 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm Hi Josie, How can i find out what my unique number is. As i am season ticket holder?
You should have received an email on 25th March giving you your unique code, if you haven’t got one all you can do is ring Robin Park 01942 762888 & ask for the ticket office. They’re all at Robin Park now.

Hope this helps 😊

Sent you a PM