Hastings has done a new podcast with Jai Field, its worth a listen.
Some key takeaways below.
- Spent 6 months unpaid, doing 3 hour round trips with a team back in Aus Training to make a name for himself - Good sign of his attitude and commitment
- Leeds nearly signed him in 2020 but there wasn't a quota spot available due to issues with Rhys Martin's PNG passport
- Leeds again nearly signed him in 2021 but Wigan came in at the last minute. Sounds like a combination of a better deal and the influence of Lam, French, Hastings.
- He is still undecided on his favourite / best position. Split 50/50 on Fullback and playing stand-off but only when the stand-off is a second receiver and the team do not play split halves. Its all about the opportunity to use his speed, agility, run in space etc
- His intention at Wigan are to make a name for himself and play week in week out.
- Signed a 2 year deal and it sounds like he will probably go back to Aus after that deal. Early doors and he may decide to extend if he enjoys it / he can only return home if a club actually wants him.
Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
1 post • Page 1 of 1