Hardaker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Hardaker

Post by nathan_rugby »

Zak is in the form of his life this season isn’t he. Looks faster, stronger and really enjoying his rugby.

I think he deserves some recognition.

Just hope that if he does end up going back to Centre that he’s able to still have a great impact and turn into an attacking centre.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fujiman

Re: Hardaker

Post by Fujiman »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:45 am Zak is in the form of his life this season isn’t he. Looks faster, stronger and really enjoying his rugby.

I think he deserves some recognition.

Just hope that if he does end up going back to Centre that he’s able to still have a great impact and turn into an attacking centre.
Agree with the first part he’s been superb but would still have French at full back though.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Weren’t they both playing fullback at times during the game on Thursday? Sure I heard Millsy say French fell back to that position 🤔

As for praising Hardaker, he’s happier & more settled in his personal life like never before! And he credits this club for that 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I think some praise should be given to the conditioner, the whole team look fitter and faster.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think French is happy to play on the wing at the moment, in his interview on wigan t.v. after the match he said Zac was playing well and he'd play wherever was best for the team . I don't think there's any problems at the minute they're both contributing so better for the team
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:39 pm I think some praise should be given to the conditioner, the whole team look fitter and faster.
Good point.

Hardaker was always one of those players I wanted to see at the club so I was happy enough for him to come even in those trying circumstances,he’s just getting better and better as time has gone on and in himself he looks at home here and it’s down to himself and the club to have got to this point.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hardaker is killing it at fullback atm but its got to be french all day for me....... zak will also kill it at centre as its his personal improvement in himself that has caused all the should he/shouldnt he chat....... keep it up zak........ also keep it up bevan who looked lightening fast....... its a good thing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:39 pm I think some praise should be given to the conditioner, the whole team look fitter and faster.
totally agree
pedro

Post by pedro »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:42 pm Hardaker is killing it at fullback atm but its got to be french all day for me....... zak will also kill it at centre as its his personal improvement in himself that has caused all the should he/shouldnt he chat....... keep it up zak........ also keep it up bevan who looked lightening fast....... its a good thing
I agree
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Not sure there's either a right or a wrong answer to this problem.
Zak at centre is very good - Zak at full-back is outstanding
French at full-back is seriously good (maybe outstanding) - French on the wing very good (in attack - not sure about defence as yet)
The key for the team is to get maximum benefit out of both and it does seem to me that while Zak is certainly better at full-back, French can use his devastating speed from deep when receiving kicks and also when chasing kick-throughs to the opponents' line.
I'd be inclined to give it a few matches with Zak at full-back and French on the wing and see how effective both can be in those positions.
As Bilko said (and I paraphrase) - Zak is definitely more effective at full-back while French can be brilliant from just about anywhere. That would seem to get the best combination from both of them for the team.