21-man squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: 21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by Firestarter »

bertina wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am
jobo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:13 pm Tommy is a big loss for this game.
I dont agree, Tommy has been very quiet recently, I think we have looked better with young Smith on the field. Certainly from an attacking point of view.
Cant argue with that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

I can see Clubb being picked for this one again. Hopefully we can get more than 10 min out of him as I think his size against the bigger FC players will do us a favour.

Hopefully Clark gets a game as well again because the size of him will come in handy
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Big stick wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 am I can see Clubb being picked for this one again. Hopefully we can get more than 10 min out of him as I think his size against the bigger FC players will do us a favour.

Hopefully Clark gets a game as well again because the size of him will come in handy
Only one will play and I suspect that will be Clubb. There is no way that Lam will leave out one of the other forwards for Clark as defensively he is not the best.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I admit I'm a bit of a Kilner fan but, apart from experience I can't see what Clubb brings to the team that Kilner can't. He's just as big,more aggressive and certainly would play longer and he's only going to get experience by playing
jobo

Post by jobo »

I dont agree, Tommy has been very quiet recently, I think we have looked better with young Smith on the field. Certainly from an attacking point of view.
Don't think Tommy has been quiet. He's saved a few blushes with his defence.
I agree Smith is very good next to Hastings but he's still imo a tad frail defending.
Charriots Offiah

cherry toffee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:55 pm I admit I'm a bit of a Kilner fan but, apart from experience I can't see what Clubb brings to the team that Kilner can't. He's just as big,more aggressive and certainly would play longer and he's only going to get experience by playing
I would go with that.
Charriots Offiah

jobo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:07 pm
Don't think Tommy has been quiet. He's saved a few blushes with his defence.
I agree Smith is very good next to Hastings but he's still imo a tad frail defending.
Give him a spell at interchange hooker when Tommy is fit, that will improve his tackling technique.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:49 am
Cant argue with that
Neither would I

Hastings and Smith are the better combination

Smith HAS to get game time before both Hastings and TL leave. Absolute stupidity not to
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:32 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:49 am
Cant argue with that
Neither would I

Hastings and Smith are the better combination

Smith HAS to get game time before both Hastings and TL leave. Absolute stupidity not to

Herein lies the craziness for giving the captaincy to someone who should, at best, only be a bench player
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan