21-man squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam names 21-man squad to face Hull FC.

One change as Sam Halsall replaces the injured Tommy Leuluai

Wigan Warriors v Hull FC, Thurs 29th April, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.

Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Hull FC this Thursday in the Betfred Super League (K.O. 7:45pm).

Wigan host the Black and Whites for the first time since the two met in the 2020 Betfred Super League Semi Finals last November.

Team news

In Monday’s weekly press conference Lam discussed the availability of winger Dom Manfredi, who missed out last week after suffering a setback to an injured hand which has kept him out of action this season.

“He looked like he may have been alright this week, but we feel it’s not something to rush into.

“We’ve got to make sure he’s absolutely right when he plays. We understand just how important he is to us, but we must air on the side of caution.”

Injury news

Tommy Leuluai misses out after sustaining a sternum injury last week.

Oliver Gildart continues his recovery from a groin strain which has kept him out of action in 2021 so far.

Speaking about the centre earlier this week, the head coach said: “It’s a week-to-week thing with him. He seems like he’s coming into contention, then he has a setback. It’s an injury that’s hard to get on top of and it’s frustrating for us and even more so for him.”

Jai Field remains unavailable after suffering a hamstring tear in Round 1 against Leigh Centurions.

Liam Marshall continues his recovery from a knee injury (anterior cruciate ligament) which has kept him sidelined since September 2020.

Wigan Warriors 21-man squad to face Hull FC

1. Bevan French
3. Zak Hardaker
8. Brad Singleton
9. Sam Powell
10. Joe Bullock
11. Willie Isa
12. Liam Farrell
13. John Bateman
14. Oliver Partington
15. Morgan Smithies
17. Tony Clubb
19. Liam Byrne
20. Harry Smith
21. Ethan Havard
22. Jake Bibby
23. Mitch Clark
25. Joe Shorrocks
28. Sam Halsall
29. James McDonnell
30. Umyla Hanley
31. Jackson Hastings

Missing the buzz of the Golden Gamble Draw on matchdays? Never fear… its all-new online twin the Virtual 50/50 Half Time Draw is here to offer you great prizes and keep providing a huge revenue boost to our famed Academy! Click here https://store.wiganwarriors.com/shop/lotto for more info.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/04/ ... v-hull-fc/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: 21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The old adage, don’t change a winning team. Same 17 for me.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Not even any comment on Manfredi and his injury.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ian.birchall wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:19 am Not even any comment on Manfredi and his injury.
I read somewhere that hes ready but lammy not chancing it just yet..... he wants to be 100% on him....... it tells me thst he will be back for the leigh game im reckoning
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:03 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:19 am Not even any comment on Manfredi and his injury.
I read somewhere that hes ready but lammy not chancing it just yet..... he wants to be 100% on him....... it tells me thst he will be back for the leigh game im reckoning
On the club’s website.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Injury update

In Monday’s weekly press conference Lam discussed the availability of winger Dom Manfredi, who missed out last week after suffering a setback to an injured hand which has kept him out of action this season.

“He looked like he may have been alright this week, but we feel it’s not something to rush into.

“We’ve got to make sure he’s absolutely right when he plays. We understand just how important he is to us, but we must air on the side of caution.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/04/ ... hull-fc-2/
Just for you Ian 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan v Hull FC

Two of the three last unbeaten sides in Super League go head-to-head on Thursday night.

There’s just one change for the Warriors as youngster Sam Halsall returns in place of Thomas Leuluai, who misses out through a sternum injury.

Brett Hodgson, meanwhile, makes two changes to his squad, with Bureta Faraimo (suspended) and Josh Bowden (elbow) dropping out.

They are replaced by young prop Jack Brown and 17-year-old outside back Harvey Barron, who makes his maiden 21-man squad appearance. This should be one of the best games of the year so far and, despite being away from home, Hull will raise their game and could well spring a surprise here.

Hull FC by 7

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-le ... ire-39026/
jobo

Post by jobo »

Tommy is a big loss for this game.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

jobo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:13 pm Tommy is a big loss for this game.
Probably saving him for the CC game ?

Makes sense to change things around against the same opponents (if fit).
bertina

Post by bertina »

jobo wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:13 pm Tommy is a big loss for this game.
I dont agree, Tommy has been very quiet recently, I think we have looked better with young Smith on the field. Certainly from an attacking point of view.