Clubb suspended

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AndyNick

Re: Clubb suspended

Post by AndyNick »

There is a line in the statement "Wigan Warriors remain responsible for Tony Clubb's welfare"

To do anything other than stand him down from duty at this point would be feeding him to the media circus that is baying for blood.

Right now the world is watching and its vital that this is handled correctly and not rashly. There are plenty who would have seen Clubb summarily dismissed from the club this morning, which would have been a knee jerk rash reaction. Follow the correct process and then deal with the outcome in an appropriate manner. To say anything else at this point would just be unhelpful.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

If say Mark Sneed had said anything to upset someone’s feelings do you think Hull would stand him down from the playing roster. Racism isn’t acceptable in any shape or form, but who really knows what goes on all the time during a game. Savellio said he would have sorted it out the next time he tackled Tony Club and he only reported it because Club had been substituted and he wouldn’t now get the chance. At the end of the day Wigan could now be without Club for the CCQF and he is one of the biggest forwards we’ve got, l wonder if that remark by Savellio is classed as bringing the game into disrepute?
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:07 pm Does this mean the aussies can no longer call us pome barstewards anymore?
Exactly and you can not call me a Welsh sheep.. seems you can try to ko a player in a tackle and get a few games off. Call him names get months off.

Its now sticks and stones will get a ban but names will delete you.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:05 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:07 pm Does this mean the aussies can no longer call us pome barstewards anymore?
Exactly and you can not call me a Welsh sheep.. seems you can try to ko a player in a tackle and get a few games off. Call him names get months off.

Welcome to the new world order
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Undermining the RFL anti-racism message?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Mike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm [quote=thegimble post_id=486520 time=1619795126 user_id
Not really. If it is proved Tony Club should get a ban, but what is Savellio upset about, being racially abused or not being able to get some sort of retribution on the field. Would he have reported the alleged incident if he had “ got his own back” ? The way he is talking he wouldn’t have been as upset if he had got Tony Club either physically or verbally ( he doesn’t specify which).
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

These points are irrelevant to the allegation. Classic whataboutery.

Calling someone a Pome is not the same as using the N word. That cannot be argued.

The issue doesn't come down to just weirds, in the UK at least it is how BAME individuals are treated and represented in society.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

But violent conduct and i mean the high tackle or cannonball tackle which can end careers get 4 to 8 max. Offending someone is career ending if guilty. With the legal case pending on head concussions RFL need to address deliberate hurting a player a lot more than calling names. I have been called loads in the past and mot once did it bother me on the rugby pitch. Savelio did the right thing if true but if he is offended and hurt then he truly is playing the wrong ball game.

Used to he when final whistle went it stopped there unless violent conduct or abusing the ref.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 pm

These points are irrelevant to the allegation. Classic whataboutery.

Calling someone a Pome is not the same as using the N word. That cannot be argued.

The issue doesn't come down to just weirds, in the UK at least it is how BAME individuals are treated and represented in society.

When Terry O Connor called Tallis a convict 3 times Talils unloaded on him. He got offended by that comment.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm

But violent conduct and i mean the high tackle or cannonball tackle which can end careers get 4 to 8 max. Offending someone is career ending if guilty. With the legal case pending on head concussions RFL need to address deliberate hurting a player a lot more than calling names. I have been called loads in the past and mot once did it bother me on the rugby pitch. Savelio did the right thing if true but if he is offended and hurt then he truly is playing the wrong ball game.

Used to he when final whistle went it stopped there unless violent conduct or abusing the ref.
If you feel the penalties for foul play are too lenient, then argue for increasing those penalties - that's fine. Don't undermine anti-racism by suggesting that the alleged victim of the abuse shouldn't be playing the game. Can you not see why we need an anti-racism policy when people still say stuff like this?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐