Clubb suspended

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Clubb suspended

Post by thegimble »

Mike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:50 pm
thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Undermining the RFL anti-racism message?
But violent conduct and i mean the high tackle or cannonball tackle which can end careers get 4 to 8 max. Offending someone is career ending if guilty. With the legal case pending on head concussions RFL need to address deliberate hurting a player a lot more than calling names. I have been called loads in the past and mot once did it bother me on the rugby pitch. Savelio did the right thing if true but if he is offended and hurt then he truly is playing the wrong ball game.

Used to he when final whistle went it stopped there unless violent conduct or abusing the ref.
If you feel the penalties for foul play are too lenient, then argue for increasing those penalties - that's fine. Don't undermine anti-racism by suggesting that the alleged victim of the abuse shouldn't be playing the game. Can you not see why we need an anti-racism policy when people still say stuff like this?
Have no issue with the policy. But i will guess Ben Flower 13 game ban for 2 deliberate violent punches will be similar to what Clubb gets.
exiled

Post by exiled »

My personal opinion, this is wrong and a dangerous road. Has this now set a precedance? What happens when the Aussies call us pomy bastards, is that racist? It happens in the heat of the moment!!! Is it racist if a Lancashire player calls a Yorkshire player a pudding???!!!! I'm sorry, but as far as I can see, this has gone too far. Yes, racism has to be stamped out, but, for heavans sake, why can't commonsense prevail. This road we are on, in my opinion, will create racism, not defeat it, by causing a divide!!!!! Do players of differant colour now go out to put an opponent in a situation where if he says the slightest thing is it has the possibility of ruling him out of an important game? this surrely goes agasinst the sipirit of the game and if so, the protagonist should be suspended for bringing the game into disripute.............. Sorry for the rant, but the old saying of 'stop the world, I want to get off' springs to mind.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

exiled wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:30 pm My personal opinion, this is wrong and a dangerous road. Has this now set a precedance? What happens when the Aussies call us pomy bastards, is that racist? It happens in the heat of the moment!!! Is it racist if a Lancashire player calls a Yorkshire player a pudding???!!!! I'm sorry, but as far as I can see, this has gone too far. Yes, racism has to be stamped out, but, for heavans sake, why can't commonsense prevail. This road we are on, in my opinion, will create racism, not defeat it, by causing a divide!!!!! Do players of differant colour now go out to put an opponent in a situation where if he says the slightest thing is it has the possibility of ruling him out of an important game? this surrely goes agasinst the sipirit of the game and if so, the protagonist should be suspended for bringing the game into disripute.............. Sorry for the rant, but the old saying of 'stop the world, I want to get off' springs to mind.
I agree.

Clubb needs education not exclusion
boggart

Post by boggart »

This was an ill-tempered match where more than one Hull player attemted to provoke a Wigan player. If Sevelio, a player with a bit of an attitude, is proved to have made this up, he should suffer more serious consequences than Clubb would if it is proved to be true. He would be undermining the whole integrity of the game. I couldn't give a monkeys what colour he is, by the way, the same should apply.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:38 pm
exiled wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:30 pm My personal opinion, this is wrong and a dangerous road. Has this now set a precedance? What happens when the Aussies call us pomy bastards, is that racist? It happens in the heat of the moment!!! Is it racist if a Lancashire player calls a Yorkshire player a pudding???!!!! I'm sorry, but as far as I can see, this has gone too far. Yes, racism has to be stamped out, but, for heavans sake, why can't commonsense prevail. This road we are on, in my opinion, will create racism, not defeat it, by causing a divide!!!!! Do players of differant colour now go out to put an opponent in a situation where if he says the slightest thing is it has the possibility of ruling him out of an important game? this surrely goes agasinst the sipirit of the game and if so, the protagonist should be suspended for bringing the game into disripute.............. Sorry for the rant, but the old saying of 'stop the world, I want to get off' springs to mind.
I agree.

A lot of people writing on this post need education.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

We don’t know what clubb said yet, if anything at all
Its going to get to the point that if a white player calls a ethnic player a name it is going to be racist.
If clubb has used racist slurs he should apologise and be educated with a diversity program , not end his career
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 pm
I agree.

Go on then educate us. Seems its only your education we should be allowed. Ecerone has an opinion you do not like it go educate yourself on it.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:50 pm
thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm

But violent conduct and i mean the high tackle or cannonball tackle which can end careers get 4 to 8 max. Offending someone is career ending if guilty. With the legal case pending on head concussions RFL need to address deliberate hurting a player a lot more than calling names. I have been called loads in the past and mot once did it bother me on the rugby pitch. Savelio did the right thing if true but if he is offended and hurt then he truly is playing the wrong ball game.

Used to he when final whistle went it stopped there unless violent conduct or abusing the ref.
If you feel the penalties for foul play are too lenient, then argue for increasing those penalties - that's fine. Don't undermine anti-racism by suggesting that the alleged victim of the abuse shouldn't be playing the game. Can you not see why we need an anti-racism policy when people still say stuff like this?
Have no issue with the policy. But i will guess Ben Flower 13 game ban for 2 deliberate violent punches will be similar to what Clubb gets.
Why has he been proven guilty?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:13 pm
thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:50 pm If you feel the penalties for foul play are too lenient, then argue for increasing those penalties - that's fine. Don't undermine anti-racism by suggesting that the alleged victim of the abuse shouldn't be playing the game. Can you not see why we need an anti-racism policy when people still say stuff like this?
Why has he been proven guilty?
Sorry my mistake thanks for pointing it out. I should have added if found guilty.
exiled

Post by exiled »

thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 pm

I agree.

Go on then educate us. Seems its only your education we should be allowed. Ecerone has an opinion you do not like it go educate yourself on it.

Looking at what was on Facebook, it was stated that Clubby called him a 'polynesian c##t'. to me that is not racist, hence my post. If he had said you brown c##t, then yes he deserves everything. However, i bet everyone who goes to a game calls players, the ref, touch judges and opposition supporrters names. My point, is that, if calling a player by his origin (e.g. Yorkshire scum) deemed as racism, then where ,does it stop!!!