Clubb suspended

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Clubb suspended

Post by Mike »

Flash wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm
Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:58 pm Blame the victim. Criticize due process. Draw false equivalences. Claim victimization is equal on all sides. All ways to excuse and dismiss racism.
No one is dismissing racism. I can absolutely guarantee I have a far more personal reason than you to decry and abhor discrimination. You show your true colours with remarks like these.

Racism is wrong and is now, quite rightly, not tolerated. As a result, accusations of racism are serious. This one has been denied. If you are seriously suggesting that the correct place to play this out is on social media I strongly suggest you have a quiet word with yourself.
There are plenty of post on this thread doing everything I stated and more. Followed by congratulatory posts on how non racist everyone in wigan is.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:58 pm Blame the victim. Criticize due process. Draw false equivalences. Claim victimization is equal on all sides. All ways to excuse and dismiss racism.
Did you take that quote from the Labour Party Racism Manual Mike?
What's that supposed to mean?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:24 am
morley pie eater wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:17 pm

Like a stuck record.

You've had explanations and links to explain that, in all civil matters from motoring offences up, it's balance of probabilities that counts. Clubb was not on a criminal charge and he admitted the offence.

Don't you read posts other than your own, or are you just a wind-up merchant? It's actually becoming quite amusing reading your posts, along the lines of Monty Python's Holy Grail:

https://youtu.be/2f5MvVx8RM8
Thanks for the personal abuse. Very erudite.
I did poke fun at you, WG, but I think "personal abuse" is a bit strong.

It also seems strange that you defend Clubb's admitted use of "P...... C...", but complain that I've been abusive.

If the site admin think I've been abusive, I'll accept an 8 week ban!
Yes personal abuse was a bit strong I agree.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 pm
It means that what Mike is describing, is exactly the way the Labour Party reacted when some of its members were accused of racism.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 am

It means that what Mike is describing, is exactly the way the Labour Party reacted when some of its members were accused of racism.
Any credible sources?
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Looking at this a little deeper, I do think there is a widespread problem of sledging having become an established feature in professional sports.

Generally sledging amounts to targeting real or perceived personal weaknesses in your opponent and playing on it with a view to psychologically undermining the opponent's confidence and thereby gaining an advantage.

You might think there's nothing wrong with that, but it's a short hop from baiting somebody about their personal attributes - such as too small, too fat, too soft - to something more sinister like Tony Clubb has allegedly strayed into.

I think sport governing bodies and players unions have a responsibility to provide training to their members to control sledging, or ideally try to eliminate it.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I put this on several days ago albeit not from the BBC 😊

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/brett-ho ... ban-39203/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:44 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:08 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:24 am

Thanks for the personal abuse. Very erudite.
I did poke fun at you, WG, but I think "personal abuse" is a bit strong.

It also seems strange that you defend Clubb's admitted use of "P...... C...", but complain that I've been abusive.

If the site admin think I've been abusive, I'll accept an 8 week ban!
Yes personal abuse was a bit strong I agree.
Fair enough.

Sorry if you didn't appreciate the Monty Python clip. It's a regular bit of banter with my sons.."So I'll wait here..."

I realise that humour/banter doesn't always come across well on a forum line this, but no offence intended.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:50 am

Any credible sources?
It was all over the media, you will find the sources there. How can you expect to eradicate racism when the major protagonists are those that make the laws? Taking the knee etc. Is just a token response, until those at the top of the pile are taken to task whether that is through the legal system or removing them from office, by not voting for them, then we are all wasting our time. Do as I say and not as I do will never prevail.