Clubb suspended

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Clubb suspended

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm
thegimble wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Exactly and you can not call me a Welsh sheep.. seems you can try to ko a player in a tackle and get a few games off. Call him names get months off.

Its now sticks and stones will get a ban but names will delete you.
Welcome to the new world order
Undermining the RFL anti-racism message?
Not at all,but this will come down to he said/she said if sky haven’t picked anything up and if they have and it’s proven then I’m not sure the player concerned has any place in rugby league anymore

I don’t like the language being used nowadays or should I say lack of language we seem frightened to say boo to anyone anymore and that’s a frightening thing to censor people is never a good thing that is what my comment was regarding not the rascism policy,though again the points raised by Gimble are true yes be tough on rascism but crack down on high tackles the assaults on men’s testicles,it all needs looking at not just rascism which in our sport isn’t as ingrained as it once was nowadays
butchbulldog

Post by butchbulldog »

I read that he had said polynesian c*** as somebody else has already said is this racism?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The “c” word is very common for southerners…… they say it all the time and dont usually mean to be nasty
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

butchbulldog wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 pm I read that he had said polynesian c*** as somebody else has already said is this racism?
Why not just call him a c***?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

exiled wrote:My personal opinion, this is wrong and a dangerous road. Has this now set a precedance? What happens when the Aussies call us pomy bastards, is that racist? It happens in the heat of the moment!!! Is it racist if a Lancashire player calls a Yorkshire player a pudding???!!!! I'm sorry, but as far as I can see, this has gone too far. Yes, racism has to be stamped out, but, for heavans sake, why can't commonsense prevail. This road we are on, in my opinion, will create racism, not defeat it, by causing a divide!!!!! Do players of differant colour now go out to put an opponent in a situation where if he says the slightest thing is it has the possibility of ruling him out of an important game? this surrely goes agasinst the sipirit of the game and if so, the protagonist should be suspended for bringing the game into disripute.............. Sorry for the rant, but the old saying of 'stop the world, I want to get off' springs to mind.
Definition of racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

So no the Aussies calling us pomy bastards isn’t racist and us calling them a bunch of convict bastards isn’t racist either because calling someone a pom or a convict has nothing to do with race or ethnic grouping. You can have black pommies as well as white and aboriginal “convicts” as well as those of European descent.

It’s not even racist to call someone and English, Welsh or Scottish **** because those groups are also made up of different ethnic groups.

On the other hand if you called someone a Pakistani c**t that would be racist because you would be insulting them based on their ethnicity and race and they are often persecuted based on that.

Substitute Polynesian for Pakistani and you can see why the alleged statement is racist.
butchbulldog

Post by butchbulldog »

Reading your reply I can now understand it better but think it’s blown out of proportion, if he had been called a New Zealand c*** would that have been ok, if so isn’t New Zealand part of polynesian?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:17 pm
exiled wrote:My personal opinion, this is wrong and a dangerous road. Has this now set a precedance? What happens when the Aussies call us pomy bastards, is that racist? It happens in the heat of the moment!!! Is it racist if a Lancashire player calls a Yorkshire player a pudding???!!!! I'm sorry, but as far as I can see, this has gone too far. Yes, racism has to be stamped out, but, for heavans sake, why can't commonsense prevail. This road we are on, in my opinion, will create racism, not defeat it, by causing a divide!!!!! Do players of differant colour now go out to put an opponent in a situation where if he says the slightest thing is it has the possibility of ruling him out of an important game? this surrely goes agasinst the sipirit of the game and if so, the protagonist should be suspended for bringing the game into disripute.............. Sorry for the rant, but the old saying of 'stop the world, I want to get off' springs to mind.
Definition of racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

So no the Aussies calling us pomy bastards isn’t racist and us calling them a bunch of convict bastards isn’t racist either because calling someone a pom or a convict has nothing to do with race or ethnic grouping. You can have black pommies as well as white and aboriginal “convicts” as well as those of European descent.

It’s not even racist to call someone and English, Welsh or Scottish **** because those groups are also made up of different ethnic groups.

On the other hand if you called someone a Pakistani c**t that would be racist because you would be insulting them based on their ethnicity and race and they are often persecuted based on that.

Substitute Polynesian for Pakistani and you can see why the alleged statement is racist.
Finally some actual sense has been spoken.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
bertina

Post by bertina »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:26 pm Whether you agree or disagree with the decision, the club needs to be seen taking what they consider to be appropriate action.

I personally don't want to jump to any conslusions until clear facts are established. Wouldn't like to see Tony or anyone prejudged as mud sticks these days!

Let's just hope for a swift and transparent investigation.
Good post. Pretty much spot on in my opinion.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

For all the club's rhetoric about his welfare etc etc. If found guilty there is only one course of action the club can take. It is the same one as for "Rectum Tomkins".

Stupid way to end one's career at the club but he's not the first to allow stupidity see a player moved on and he will not be the last.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I remember watching the civil rights movement in the USA on TV in the 60s, and thinking "we're not like that here". Growing up in Hindley, I encountered very few black or other ethnic minority people. But on the odd occasion I did they were treated as curiosities maybe, but with friendliness and respect.

The biggest factor to influence my own views was the fact that my absolute number 1 hero was a bloke called Billy Boston. When I did come across prejudice or racist "jokes", I couldn't join in, or even comprehend why anyone could be racist, when King Bill was black.

Someone said that Wigan need to be seen to be doing "the right thing". I agree - but the right thing is not what modern convention or some RFL regulation says. It's the right thing for Billy, for Green Vigo, for Hendy, for Ellery, and for Bevan, Willie, Lammy.

Name-calling by/of Aussies, or between Lancashire and Yorkshire doesn't compare to what some of these blokes have had to put up with. We owe it to them to stamp out racism in our club and in our game.

(None of this assumes anything about what Clubby said.)
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐