Canberra Raiders 'don't want to lose' homesick George Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: Canberra Raiders 'don't want to lose' homesick George Williams

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:28 am
warriors01 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 am Warrington bound according to the Canberra Times. No doubt will offer more than Wigan.
It states warrington are in the driving seat but im sure wigan will up the anti once it’s official……. We have first refusal and i get the feeling that its our club the put the thought of him returning in his head…… as well as his homesickness obviously
if i recall correctly, he was always going to Wire (was his dad there at the time?) when he was at Wigan, so i would take some of these reports with a pinch of salt
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just as a point because its come up a few times

we don't have first refusal that's just something the club says when they sell a player its meaningless

however i do think he will end up back at Wigan
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 am Just as a point because its come up a few times

we don't have first refusal that's just something the club says when they sell a player its meaningless

however i do think he will end up back at Wigan
Totally agree. About as valid as a verbal contract.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I miss the days when players left, Never came back and where replaced with someone exciting and new :shock: :cry:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:27 am I miss the days when players left, Never came back and where replaced with someone exciting and new :shock: :cry:
Different era, different circumstances.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:44 am
medlocke wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:27 am I miss the days when players left, Never came back and where replaced with someone exciting and new :shock: :cry:
Different era, different circumstances.
No it's not, We are the only club that does it and it's getting boring
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I do agree with this. But I do think our hands are tied as most top half’s are tied up in a contract.
So William for me is the best option when Hastings leaves.
pedro

Post by pedro »

we did it with betts, Ashurst etc so has been done for different eras, not many teams lose players like us who are still in their prime
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

I agree with Medlocke.

I can't think of any player who came back from a spell down under and was even the same as when he left let alone better. It's like the NRL takes something out of them.

Better to look at somebody new. Are we not interested in Blake Austin?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:09 am
we did it with betts, Ashurst etc so has been done for different eras, not many teams lose players like us who are still in their prime
It was done with odd players, Unlike under this regime