LAM AWARDED COACH OF THE MONTH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

LAM AWARDED COACH OF THE MONTH

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors head coach Adrian Lam has won the inaugural Betfred Super League Coach of the Month award.

Based on the first four rounds of Betfred Super League, Lam has been voted April’s Coach of the Month after an impressive start to the 2021 campaign.

Adrian Lam’s side have shown an unrelenting spirit in the opening month and, despite several key absentees from his side, remain undefeated in 2021. Victories against Leigh Centurions, Wakefield Trinity and Leeds Rhinos were followed by a notable win against high-flying Castleford in round four - the Warriors ending the Tigers 100 percent record and remain one of only two teams that are yet to be beaten in Super League this year.

Lam’s Coach of the Month award follows a hugely successful 2020 for the former Wigan scrum-half – he was crowned Coach of the Year after leading the Warriors to 15 wins from 20 regular season games as his side won their first League Leaders’ Shield since 2012.

On receiving the award, Lam said: “This is an award that makes myself and my staff very proud. It is an award that acknowledges the start of the season that we have had as a Club and a team through difficult times. With players being unavailable, we have been able to manage the process to get us off to a great start.

“I would like to thank all of my staff as this is a collective award. It’s not just for me – I understand the important role they all play within the Club and it all benefits the one outcome. They have been working extremely hard throughout the pre-season and now into the season and I’d like to thank them from the bottom of my heart.

“The playing squad have bought into who we want to be as a team for 2021. I feel we are only going to get better as the season goes on.”

The voting for this year’s Coach of the Month award has been conducted by nine members of the rugby league media, with each panel member selecting their first and second choice for the award - Lam was selected by seven of the nine panellists in April.

It comes as Betfred Super League are set to announce even more award winners for the month of April. Voting remains open for the Northern Try of the Month – fans can have their say and vote for their try of the month by visiting here. https://www.superleague.co.uk/N_TOTM

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/1 ... -the-month
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan