21-man squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: 21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by Shaun1967 »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:24 pm Looks like Manfredi hasn't lost much speed at least. Hull learnt from Stains the number of times they went down with 'injuries' and got time to reset their defence.
Disgusting.

I remember when the commentators used to make a point that in RL the game goes on despite injuries.

Something needs to be done.
Hull have found the flaw in the system. If the physios come on the game continues, however if the doctor comes on the game stops.
How many times have you ever seen a doctor have to bring Danny Houghton off with a burst nose?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Shaun1967 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:57 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:24 pm Looks like Manfredi hasn't lost much speed at least. Hull learnt from Stains the number of times they went down with 'injuries' and got time to reset their defence.
Disgusting.

I remember when the commentators used to make a point that in RL the game goes on despite injuries.

Something needs to be done.
Hull have found the flaw in the system. If the physios come on the game continues, however if the doctor comes on the game stops.
How many times have you ever seen a doctor have to bring Danny Houghton off with a burst nose?
Of course they have. It gives their big forwards time to rest, suck the air in and plan for the next play.

Unless this is the way we want RL to go, then something needs to be done.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:50 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:20 pm Byrne is shit as piss, Please move him on
A one legged man could kick more goals than Hardaker, Please try and find one and sign him
Powel has reverted back to be his former self
Either move French back to Fullback or send him home
When will Lenagan put his hand in his pocket and spring for 2 props that can consistently break tackles
We really are missing Lockers

FFS I've seen better passes from Joey Deacon :evil:
:shock:
That where just for you me old pal :D
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, and it's a bit annoying. But it isn't the reason Wigan lost this game.

We need to think less about Hull FC and more about the form of our own players. Our main men: Hastings, French, Hardaker, Smith, even, they all had stinkers to some extent.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Warrior20 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:37 pm What is Lams problem with Bullock. He played less then 20 minutes today. He’s our biggest and probably best prop but he is getting hardly any game time. Byrne had a shocker and played loads today. We desperately need another couple of props and a coach who knows what he’s doing.
I thought before the season started that without replacements for GB and Flower we'd struggle up front. We've seen today how big, strong, metre-eating forwards disrupt the opposition and without getting on top up front our backs and halves are on a loser. Our young set are competitive but not good enough as a unit and what is going on with Bullock is very odd.

All that said, great to see Dom back - let's hope his injury problems are behind him.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hastings didnt look fit to me today……. I picked up on that early doors
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
pedro

Post by pedro »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:06 pm
Warrior20 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:37 pm What is Lams problem with Bullock. He played less then 20 minutes today. He’s our biggest and probably best prop but he is getting hardly any game time. Byrne had a shocker and played loads today. We desperately need another couple of props and a coach who knows what he’s doing.
I thought before the season started that without replacements for GB and Flower we'd struggle up front. We've seen today how big, strong, metre-eating forwards disrupt the opposition and without getting on top up front our backs and halves are on a loser. Our young set are competitive but not good enough as a unit and what is going on with Bullock is very odd.

All that said, great to see Dom back - let's hope his injury problems are behind him.
We've seen that for the last 10 years
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

pedro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:08 pm
Fan4Fifty wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:06 pm

We've seen that for the last 10 years
Agreed - and we were promised it was going to be fixed.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

We have too many bad days at the office for a Wigan team Rads needs to pull his finger out or let someone else buy players
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

And here is the draw

Cas V Hull
St Helens v Warrington

Final

St Helens v Hull

Saints winners