Women: Watch York v Wigan live Update Spoiler

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Women: Watch York v Wigan live Update Spoiler

Post by josie andrews »

The Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup will break more new ground on Sunday as the Quarter Final between York City Knights and Wigan Warriors will be streamed exclusively on TheSportsman.com.

The game will be played at the Mobile Rocket Stadium in Wakefield, kicking off at 12 noon.

The free, live coverage on TheSportsman.com, following on from their streaming of several ties from the men’s Betfred Challenge Cup competition this season including Wigan’s win at York in the Third Round, will also include the draw for the Semi Finals – which will be played on Saturday 22nd May.

The York-Wigan tie will be followed by the holders Leeds Rhinos facing Bradford Bulls at 3:30pm, also at the Mobile Rocket Stadium, while the other two Quarter Finals will be played at the Victoria Park Asics Stadium: Warrington Wolves versus Castleford Tigers at 12 noon, followed by St Helens versus Featherstone Rovers at 3:30pm.

Sunday 9th May

Victoria Park Asics Stadium (Warrington)

Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers – 12pm
St Helens v Featherstone Rovers – 3:30pm
Mobile Rocket Stadium (Wakefield)

York City Knights v Wigan Warriors – 12pm (Live on TheSportsman.com)
Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls – 3:30pm

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/05/ ... igan-live/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Women: Watch York v Wigan live Update Spoiler

Post by josie andrews »

Cracking game 😊 But looks like we need a kicker for the women too

York 18 - Wigan 18 at half time
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Final score York CK 30 - Wigan Warriors 24

Great game 24 each right up to 78th minute.

Too many errors same as first team sadly & although we scored 5 tries only 2 were converted!
doc

Post by doc »

How come York were allowed to sign 7 new players on the Tuesday before the tie. Surely there must be some rules on that you have to be registered plenty of time in advance.

Best team won; our errors, smaller forwards, lack of a goal kicker and dire long kicking game cost us. Sound familiar?
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:44 pm Final score York CK 30 - Wigan Warriors 24

Great game 24 each right up to 78th minute.

Too many errors same as first team sadly & although we scored 5 tries only 2 were converted!
Just watched the highlights. The number 22 for York, Marshall, looked brilliant. Massive pack though, York.
Some great skill on show, even if York brought in a few ringers.
doc

Post by doc »

Marshall reminded me of Lee Crookes in how she plays. Best goal kicker and long kicking game I've seen in the women's game.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

doc wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:46 pm Marshall reminded me of Lee Crookes in how she plays. Best goal kicker and long kicking game I've seen in the women's game.
Hope she doent look like him 😉
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I just watched it. Cracking contest, really enjoyed it. Rebecca Greenfield is quality, isn't she?