Back 5

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Back 5

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:34 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm French has to go to fullback for me because it’s the best thing for the team. I don’t think Hardaker will like it but we can’t keep shunting out to the wing an attacking weapon like French. He came to life in that spell at fullback on Saturday, looked threatening himself but also brings others in to the game better than Hardaker does.

At Leigh I’d go-

French
Manfredi Hardaker Farrell Bibby
Why move Isa away from Bibby when they are so in tune with each other? 🤔
Farrell just seems too add more josie…… willie has put in some great passes but faz has added that bit more x factor…..bibby would also be playing right wing as dom is all out a right winger
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm French has to go to fullback for me because it’s the best thing for the team. I don’t think Hardaker will like it but we can’t keep shunting out to the wing an attacking weapon like French. He came to life in that spell at fullback on Saturday, looked threatening himself but also brings others in to the game better than Hardaker does.

At Leigh I’d go-

French
Farrell just seems too add more josie…… willie has put in some great passes but faz has added that bit more x factor…..bibby would also be playing right wing as dom is all out a right winger
So who is playing left wing? 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:16 am

I meant bibby left wing sorry haha
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 am
josie andrews wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:16 am
I meant bibby left wing sorry haha
I knew what you meant, I was just being facetious 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

Reluctantly I would move Zac to centre and play French at full back, Zac is a very competent centre but French needs to be in the middle rather than a passenger on the wing. He does frighten me under the high ball and his positional play is a bit iffy but he needs to be were he is most effective for the team attacking down the middle.
The props need to spend more time on the field, we should be starting with our two biggest lads Singleton and Bullock and finishing with them as well, they cannot effect the game sat watching it. For me playing 15minutes is a joke, Bullock in particular is absolutely wasted, what is the point? who has he upset?
My Team against Leigh French, Manfredi, Isa, Hardacre, Bibby, Smith, Hastings, Singleton, Powell, Bullock, Bateman, Farrell, Smithies. Subs Kilner, Havard, Partington, Shorrocks.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

At Leigh I’d go-

French
Manfredi will play on the right side as he did on Saturday and Hardaker plays right centre usually, so just picking Faz as the natural left sided option. I’d say Isa and Faz have been as impressive as each other in the position and if they think Isa would be comfortable on the left then I’d more more than happy to shift him over.