Best way to spend some money

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Best way to spend some money

Post by nathan_rugby »

The booze hound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:10 pm With a successful kick worth half a try I really don't understand why it's not given a major role in practice for any nominated kicker.
How do you know it isn’t?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jackthelad wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:39 pm Whilst I can appreciate he's not as dynamic as French or exciting as Gildart one player who has proven his abilities kicking goals has been allowed to go on loan, he kicked 8 / 8 today for London

Would we be talking about getting coaches in for goal kicking, if Hank was kicking?
We wouldn’t, but Hank isn’t good enough to play for Wigan.

Give up.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:51 pm
jackthelad wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:39 pm Whilst I can appreciate he's not as dynamic as French or exciting as Gildart one player who has proven his abilities kicking goals has been allowed to go on loan, he kicked 8 / 8 today for London

Would we be talking about getting coaches in for goal kicking, if Hank was kicking?

Give up.
Neither was willie isa but hes now playing centre atm and getting good reviews….. my honest take on hanks was hes a grest goal kicker and was playing really well in a good winning team……. He got dropped when injured players returned and never got another decent shot at it…….. on the goal kicking ,he was doing brilliant in his short stint and zak seemed to kick better straight after this for a short period…..whether its due to competition or not, im not sure, but zaks kicking has slowly gone backwards and definitely needs addressing
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Give up.
Totally disagree with you Nathan, it was Wane who signed Hank and he proved his worth in many games previously, not sure what your beef is with Hank?

He is contracted for 2 years why not use him, another Lam error if you ask me?

Each to their own, it's no coincidence when Hank was in camp Zak improved his kicking, now there's no competition or Lam is happy with his selections
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jackthelad wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:26 pm

Give up.
Totally disagree with you Nathan, it was Wane who signed Hank and he proved his worth in many games previously, not sure what your beef is with Hank?

He is contracted for 2 years why not use him, another Lam error if you ask me?

Each to their own, it's no coincidence when Hank was in camp Zak improved his kicking, now there's no competition or Lam is happy with his selections
Two coaches in a row believe Hank is not good enough. That is enough for me.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

I thought that at the end of Shaun Wain’s reign he was out injured with a detached retina, courtesy of a stray finger from Tommy during a game.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am I thought that at the end of Shaun Wain’s reign he was out injured with a detached retina, courtesy of a stray finger from Tommy during a game.
And look how a similar injury curtailed Matty smiths career at saints.

Hank may be able to kick but that's the only thing he offers to us, at 2nd round, centre,wing we have better players. Some people may point to Bibby but Hank could not do what Bibby has done this season he isn't quick enough to beat a man.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 pm
The booze hound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:10 pm With a successful kick worth half a try I really don't understand why it's not given a major role in practice for any nominated kicker.
How do you know it isn’t?
If it is then the practice is quite poor and not showing improvement for Zak.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am I thought that at the end of Shaun Wain’s reign he was out injured with a detached retina, courtesy of a stray finger from Tommy during a game.
And that was his debut game wasn’t it or as near as dammit anyways

Sad to say he was worth a punt but Hankinson isn’t good enough for super league.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:17 pm
And that was his debut game wasn’t it or as near as dammit anyways

Sad to say he was worth a punt but Hankinson isn’t good enough for super league.
The problem is we live in a salary cap sport. No way in a billion years do we spend our cap money on centres or wingers. The spine is where the quality needs to be. If it means the money left goes on the likes of Hankinson at center - so be it
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: