Disciplinary Jokes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Disciplinary Jokes

Post by Southern Softy »

Out of god knows how many citings from the Hull v Wigan cup tie, none of which seems to warrant anything much further, two things stand out.
Satae - "Player throws ball at the ground close to opponent. Ball does not contact opponent but unnecessary behaviour."
Everyone who saw the match saw what happened when the ball was thrown from close range at Sam Powell's head and he could not defend himself. Apparently anyone can now do that with no problem in the future.

Also, Sam Powell and Jack Brown's offences are graded exactly the same. Sam Powell came in late and held the legs with no pressure while Brown came in late and dived in hard at the legs. If a panel of 'experts' can't see the difference, then there's not much hope for the game.

Oh and Liam Farrell's high tackle was deemed to be the worst high tackle in the entire match. No ban but a penalty notice which will presumably count against him in the future.

Honestly - I despair.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: Disciplinary Jokes

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Genuinely surprised that Smithies has got away with his shoulder charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

If I remember right there was no reaction from the Wigan players regarding the Sate ball throwing incident. It looked bad on the TV but then again it didn't show where the ball landed and as far as i can remember no player reaction.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fujiman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:42 pm If I remember right there was no reaction from the Wigan players regarding the Sate ball throwing incident. It looked bad on the TV but then again it didn't show where the ball landed and as far as i can remember no player reaction.
I thought that at the time of it had hit Powell there would have been hell to pay but they just got on with it didn’t they
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

That's surely a record with 10 'citings' for one team in a match -John Bateman 4 times, Morgan Smithies twice for the same offence and 'Matty' Smith ?? Total result.....cautions for Liam Farrell & Sam Powell
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Great grandad Harry ball wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm That's surely a record with 10 'citings' for one team in a match -John Bateman 4 times, Morgan Smithies twice for the same offence and 'Matty' Smith ?? Total result.....cautions for Liam Farrell & Sam Powell
Yea I saw the Marty Smith one it doesn’t inspire confidence does it