Adrian Lam addressing Wigan Warriors' goal-kicking options

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Adrian Lam addressing Wigan Warriors' goal-kicking options

Post by moto748 »

I agree with the view that Harry Smith starts and Tommy spells at 9; it seems the obvious way to go.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jackthelad wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:19 pm Interesting that goal kicking is an issue again, I remember an article from the past year or so Lam said "not sure who his no 1 kicker is?" after Hankinson displayed his prolific kicking skills

The lacking in Lam's management may well come back and bite the success of the team at the end of the season,again??

Not giving Hankinson a fair run last season was a mistake putting him out on loan is another mistake imo
Hankinson isn’t good enough.

Would you have Jamie Foster on the wing for his goal kicking over a fully Marshall and Manfredi?

Would you have Sneyd replace Hastings for his goal kicking?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

He needs to address all the other issues we have as well.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:19 am
jackthelad wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:19 pm Interesting that goal kicking is an issue again, I remember an article from the past year or so Lam said "not sure who his no 1 kicker is?" after Hankinson displayed his prolific kicking skills

The lacking in Lam's management may well come back and bite the success of the team at the end of the season,again??

Not giving Hankinson a fair run last season was a mistake putting him out on loan is another mistake imo

Would you have Jamie Foster on the wing for his goal kicking over a fully Marshall and Manfredi?

Will just agree to disagree, everyone has an opinion
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Do you have 100% proof of this?

Nobody knows IF he is good enough as he hasn't been given a good enough run
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Why have no other SL team shown interest?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:54 pm

And what has that got to do with the price of eggs, I seem to recall Lockers had no interest from elsewhere, So did that make him not good enough
in your eyes?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm

And what has that got to do with the price of eggs, I seem to recall Lockers had no interest from elsewhere, So did that make him not good enough
in your eyes?
That’s your anti O’Loughlin head speaking!

Several Aussie clubs have chased him throughout his career & lately Leeds were after him before he retired!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

medlocke wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm

in your eyes?
Why have no other SL team shown interest, why have we not shown interest. There is obviously a reason sticking out to Lammy and the club that he isn’t going to succeed at Wigan or be a threat to us.

He was only bought in the first place due to the lack of centres we had at the time.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I'm not saying Hankinson is good enough for wigan or not,but a couple of years ago we played Leeds away when he kicked 5 or 6 goals out of 6 and got man of the match on sky,during that match i got talking to a Leeds fan who passed comment that Hankinson had played Hurrell better than anyone else that season. The next two games he played were once on the wing and the other in the second row at Salford since then he's hardly had a look in so regardless of whether he's good enough or not he's never had a fair crack