Leigh Centurions Operational Board Statement: OurLeague

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Leigh Centurions Operational Board Statement: OurLeague

Post by josie andrews »

The operational board of Directors of Leigh Centurions can confirm that following the easing of restrictions, removing the necessity for the Club to play its games behind closed doors (BCD), which has enabled it to grant entry to all its season ticket holders, that it will no longer be having its games streamed on the OurLeague platform.

It is the home club’s choice whether to use the facility now the BCD restrictions have been lifted and visiting team spectators are allowed entry subject to availability. The service is only available to season ticket holders all of whom can attend our games with those unable to do so permitted to transfer their ticket as previously communicated.

It is good that some clubs, who cannot accommodate all their season ticket holders can continue to have their games streamed and had we been in such a position we would have been very grateful to have taken advantage of that opportunity. We would like to thank OurLeague on behalf of our season ticket holders for the fantastic coverage it has provided them whilst they were unable to attend games.

We are sure that our season ticket holders cannot wait to return to the LSV on Monday to support the team in person and create a great atmosphere for both teams. We also hope to be able to welcome non-season ticket holders and visiting team fans as soon as possible and will provide regular updates in this regard.

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/v2/blog/2021/0 ... ourleague/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Centurions Operational Board Statement: OurLeague

Post by josie andrews »

I bloody well hope that the game on Monday is still on!! 😠
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

If the situation worsens in Bolton I can see local lockdowns for the rest of the year
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

Well thats a complete disgrace and I hope that somebody at our club is putting pressure on Leigh to change there minds
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

BIG AL wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:01 pm Well thats a complete disgrace and I hope that somebody at our club is putting pressure on Leigh to change there minds
Could our season ticket holders watch this game? I thought it was just theirs?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:52 pm If the situation worsens in Bolton I can see local lockdowns for the rest of the year
Not looking good is it?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Is it any surprise?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And the club has ignored several requests for a response from different people on Twitter.

Bad manners & ignorant for me!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Leigh asked this game to be changed to the Monday as to allow fans and Wigan had no problem with this .Just because all the Leigh season ticket holders can attend the game they withdraw the Our League coverage whats to stop other teams doing this if this is allowed to happen its a shambles as Wigan fans cannot attend the game which should have been played tonight and at Leighs request Wigan changed for them it would have been on Our League tonight. Sour grapes from Leigh on this shambles Our League still stays the game is being shown .As long as fans are restricted from going every game should be available to season ticket holders its not the Wigan fans who have limited the gate tonight would have been a sell out.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Am I missing something here? This sounds like disgraceful behaviour from Leigh.