21-man squad v Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: 21-man squad v Leigh

Post by Wiganer Ted »

"That's where we want to be" Is Lam serious?
The first half was poor by any measure. The second half was far better and keeping any team nilled for the 2nd forty is good. To compete at the top we need to be doing far better for the full 80. In a couple of weeks we go to Catalans and a first 40 like that the game will be over.

Perhaps by then Gildart maybe back. Bibby will be moved to the wing no doubt so where he plays Zac is anyone's guess. Playing him on the wing last night smacks of Lam blaming Zac soley for the C Cup defeat. If Lam wants to find other culprits for losing v Hull then perhaps he should look in the mirror.

To win at Catalans we need better and more convincing performances than we've shown so far. Admitted we've had most of the back line missing for the start of the season and have done well to be unbeaten so far in SL. The players out there are giving it all I do hope they get their reward with some cracking wins starting next week.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:38 am "That's where we want to be" Is Lam serious?
The first half was poor by any measure. The second half was far better and keeping any team nilled for the 2nd forty is good. To compete at the top we need to be doing far better for the full 80. In a couple of weeks we go to Catalans and a first 40 like that the game will be over.
He was talking about the second half.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Really?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Does anyone think that we are more entertaining under Lam than we were under Wane?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We defo attack better from left to right but still seem to struggle unlocking defenses in centre field…… apart from that we dont seem much different apart from possibly weaker in defence…..its a tough one to call but maybe if lammy wins a trophy people will see this differently
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought the forward passes *were* slightly forward, but fell into the 'usually let go' category. And the pass for Gelling's try certainly looked forward. But you have to remember; no video ref. But at the end of the day, we made heavy weather of beating the worst team in the league.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And yeah, I agree that Lam's comments about Bibby sounded the faintest of praise.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:23 pm I thought the forward passes *were* slightly forward, but fell into the 'usually let go' category. And the pass for Gelling's try certainly looked forward. But you have to remember; no video ref. But at the end of the day, we made heavy weather of beating the worst team in the league.
Sums it up well,try that against better teams and there’ll be no coming back from a slow start