Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bullock

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:38 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:26 pm Why is he only playing very short spells? He is the only prop who seems able to dent the line but he is hardly on the pitch! If Lam doesn't rate him then why select him? If he does, then he should be playing longer. I am not convinced that he will be retained next season if Lam is here.
You’ve assumed he is fit enough to play longer.
What than five minutes, you bet I have he is a professional sportsman. If that is his limit then Lam should not be picking him. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise?
Charriots Offiah

Wintergreen wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:00 pm Every coach has his "favourites".

Bullock isn't Lam's. Shorrocks is.
Then why does he pick him?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:26 pm Why is he only playing very short spells? He is the only prop who seems able to dent the line but he is hardly on the pitch! If Lam doesn't rate him then why select him? If he does, then he should be playing longer. I am not convinced that he will be retained next season if Lam is here.
What than five minutes, you bet I have he is a professional sportsman. If that is his limit then Lam should not be picking him. Are you seriously suggesting otherwise?
Could he be managing an injury , but his coach believes in him so much that he'd pick him for a 15min spell at a crucial time, rather than leave him out for another that could do 2 20mon spells?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Mike wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:47 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm
Could he be managing an injury , but his coach believes in him so much that he'd pick him for a 15min spell at a crucial time, rather than leave him out for another that could do 2 20mon spells?
Could be but if he was carrying an injury then I don’t think he would be in the squad to play Leigh. You have only got to look what he did with French and Hastings, he didn’t want them to get any long term injuries.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:03 pm Any idea where Kilner's on loan at Josie?
He’s been at a few championship clubs but not sure if he still is.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
HDS

Post by HDS »

I would have thought that AL must rate him, he would not have given him the number 10 jersey otherwise.

But it his puzzling that he is not starting and hardly playing him? Perhaps AL might have a rethink for the
Leigh game. I would also like to see Ben Kilner given a first team chance, he has the physical presence that we lack.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Bit dubious about the assigned squad numbers these days. Seem to remember Escare 1 not ending so well!

As for Bullock, definitely worthy of a 17 match day place IMO. Does offer alot going forwards. Singleton, Partington, Shorrocks and Havard are all very consistent of late though IMO.

Can only be positive to have healthy completion providing we dont end up with any more Mitch Clark situations!
Charriots Offiah

What about a loan exchange, Clark to Featherstone and Harrison to Wigan.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I thought that I’d read somewhere than Ben kilner had left the club to pursue another career outside RL...or have I dreamt that!? I thought he looked like a brilliant prospect and has some size and natural aggression that our pack lacks.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Bullock is our best prop and should start. Helps us get on the front foot.
Lam is getting it wrong unless he is carrying an injury….