Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Bullock

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:01 am Worst set of Props he probably means.
  • Clubb - Terrible
    Flower - Injury prone over last few years (I know hes now left)
    Burgess - Got injured, did nothing
    Singleton - Decent end of last season, average this season, good enough I would say
    Bullock - Makes good meters, soft tackler, him and Singleton great pairing end of last season but he isn't getting the minutes this year
    Clarke - Waste of money
Youngsters
- Havard - Great potential, good last season, dropped off a bit this season
- Byrne - Excellent aggression and attitude, would run through brick walls, needs to cut the errors and penalities and run at gaps rather than people
- Partington - Looks ok in first team, ball playing prop / prop playing at loose, happy with him
Can you please tell me if Mitch Clarke has upset you in a past life. When he came on against Salford he made yards out of defence and was solid all round ( even though it was a pre-season friendly ).When he came on against Leigh he made one try with a barnstorming run of about 15mtrs after contact so he has it in his game. At Leigh apart from Singleton picking the balll up and “sprinting” at the end of the game, Clarke had as much go forward and was as good in defence as anyone. Give him a chance.
[/quote]

How many games has Mitch Clark played since he joined the club? Whether he isn't up to scratch OR the coach has taken a dislike to him, he so far has been a waste of cap space. How can you say he hasn't?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Yes the front row I’m on about, the rest of the pack is fine.
Ive always had my doubts over Harvard, partington and Byrne.
Yes they’ve got potential as their still young but they need to make more yards going forward and punch holes in the defence.
It helps us get on the front foot in games, it turns the defences around and gets them tailing back
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Truth to tell, apart from that eye-catching run that led to French's try, Clark didn't do much else against Leigh (again, the worst team in the comp). I think there's a case to be made that he hasn't been given much of a shot, but I wouldn't say he seized the opportunity with both hands on Monday.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:01 pm Has anyone thought the silence is because there is nothing to tell yet.

Regardless of if they happen or not these are still just rumours.
Exactly, why do fans need the club to comment on every rumour, and it's up to the club who sign a player to confirm it not the club a player is leaving. If Bullock is going to Wire it's their announcement to make.
Remember how we did the Bateman announcement. There were rumours in Australia, but nothing was confirmed over here until everything was signed and sealed.

It's not just Wigan fans though, have a look on the Saints site regarding Fages and Bentley.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:52 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:01 pm Has anyone thought the silence is because there is nothing to tell yet.

Regardless of if they happen or not these are still just rumours.
Exactly, why do fans need the club to comment on every rumour, and it's up to the club who sign a player to confirm it not the club a player is leaving. If Bullock is going to Wire it's their announcement to make.
Remember how we did the Bateman announcement. There were rumours in Australia, but nothing was confirmed over here until everything was signed and sealed.

It's not just Wigan fans though, have a look on the Saints site regarding Fages and Bentley.
Plus 1😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

[

Can you please tell me if Mitch Clarke has upset you in a past life. When he came on against Salford he made yards out of defence and was solid all round ( even though it was a pre-season friendly ).When he came on against Leigh he made one try with a barnstorming run of about 15mtrs after contact so he has it in his game. At Leigh apart from Singleton picking the balll up and “sprinting” at the end of the game, Clarke had as much go forward and was as good in defence as anyone. Give him a chance.
[/quote]

How many games has Mitch Clark played since he joined the club? Whether he isn't up to scratch OR the coach has taken a dislike to him, he so far has been a waste of cap space. How can you say he hasn't?
[/quote]
The coach should pick the best team available to him.Last season Lam continually picked a forward who had considerable pain in his hip week after week. How is anybody going to get game time when the coach does that. According to the way you are looking at things, players only you think good enough should get picked. Would you get rid of the 17 who played at St. Helens last season ( 42 — O ) who gave everything they had and much more besides because they still lost heavily. It’s up to the coach to get the best out of everyone not just his favourites. He’s done it again this week with 2 injured players who will not play named in the squad. Why? He might have his favourites but he should pick his strongest sqaud. He is not employed by the players but by Wigan Warriors, that should be where his loyalties lie. I am sorry if this is off topic and rambling but l feel much better now
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:41 pm Truth to tell, apart from that eye-catching run that led to French's try, Clark didn't do much else against Leigh (again, the worst team in the comp). I think there's a case to be made that he hasn't been given much of a shot, but I wouldn't say he seized the opportunity with both hands on Monday.
thats the issue, but was probably one of the better props that night, if you dropped any of the props we have for 6 weeks for example then the leigh game was their first you could say none of them seized the opportunity but they dont get dropped or singled out by the coach
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The question I would ask is that if Mitch Clark was that good and effective, how come he hasn't been picked for ages?
Re Joe Bullock, irrespective of where he will be next season, he's either good enough to play proper spells as a prop or shouldn't be in the team. Having him coming on for the odd 5-10 minutes doesn't do the team or the player any good.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

pedro wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 pm
thats the issue, but was probably one of the better props that night, if you dropped any of the props we have for 6 weeks for example then the leigh game was their first you could say none of them seized the opportunity but they dont get dropped or singled out by the coach
Yeah, sure, pedro, and on that logic, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a bench spot.
pedro

Post by pedro »

moto748 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:26 am
pedro wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Yeah, sure, pedro, and on that logic, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a bench spot.
agreed pal, drop an other underperformer for a few weeks see if clark improves, if not rotate again with another etc