Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Bullock

Post by widdenoldboy »

Barney841 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:03 pm
Worst set of Props he probably means.
  • Clubb - Terrible
    Flower - Injury prone over last few years (I know hes now left)
    Burgess - Got injured, did nothing
    Singleton - Decent end of last season, average this season, good enough I would say
    Bullock - Makes good meters, soft tackler, him and Singleton great pairing end of last season but he isn't getting the minutes this year
    Clarke - Waste of money
Youngsters
- Havard - Great potential, good last season, dropped off a bit this season
- Byrne - Excellent aggression and attitude, would run through brick walls, needs to cut the errors and penalities and run at gaps rather than people
- Partington - Looks ok in first team, ball playing prop / prop playing at loose, happy with him
We have good/great back row but front row is average. I think the issue is balance, for instance put Havard/Parto in the Saints pack and they'd be running into holes and using their footwork all day long.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:56 am
  • Clubb - Terrible
    Singleton - Decent end of last season, average this season, good enough I would say
    Bullock - Makes good meters, soft tackler, him and Singleton great pairing end of last season but he isn't getting the minutes this year
    Clarke - Waste of money
Youngsters
- Byrne - Excellent aggression and attitude, would run through brick walls, needs to cut the errors and penalities and run at gaps rather than people
- Partington - Looks ok in first team, ball playing prop / prop playing at loose, happy with him
We have good/great back row but front row is average. I think the issue is balance, for instance put Havard/Parto in the Saints pack and they'd be running into holes and using their footwork all day long.
Strange isn't it that Wigan have scored more tries than Saints and made more metres?
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Weird that Ben Kilner never seems to get in the squads. Is he injured/ on loan?

He is arguably the biggest forward at the club and yet has made only one first team appearance where he was one of six debutants against the eventual champions and was probably the best performer of those six

It will be very unfair if that game is to be the sum total of his Wigan first team career
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Rumour has it Kilner has left the club and pro rugby to take up a career elsewhere.

A real shame if true.
labcat

Post by labcat »

Kilner left last month. He has quit rugby league altogether.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:37 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:56 am
  • Clubb - Terrible
    Clarke - Waste of money
Youngsters
Strange isn't it that Wigan have scored more tries than Saints and made more metres?
Strange - how?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

labcat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:00 pm Kilner left last month. He has quit rugby league altogether.
Without an announcement from the Club?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

labcat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:00 pm Kilner left last month. He has quit rugby league altogether.
Pity, I had high hopes for Ben. I don’t think he has been given a fair chance by Wigan though.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Ben tweeted thanking the club. He wrote injuries and putting his future health now is most important. Seemed to be sighting injury holding him back at key points to reason he's called it a day.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:26 am Ben tweeted thanking the club. He wrote injuries and putting his future health now is most important. Seemed to be sighting injury holding him back at key points to reason he's called it a day.
Good luck to him, not an easy decision at his age.