Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Bullock

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Barney841 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:54 am
Barney841 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:46 am Bullock is our best prop and should start. Helps us get on the front foot.
Lam is getting it wrong unless he is carrying an injury….
Then why play him. We want him to be effective not a number making up the squad.
Bullock is more effective for the time he’s on than most of our props who play most the game. That’s why
Bullock is something is solid but isn't more effective than Partington overall IMO and Singo offers slightly more than Bullock too.
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:54 am

Then why play him. We want him to be effective not a number making up the squad.
Bullock is more effective for the time he’s on than most of our props who play most the game. That’s why
Bullock is something is solid but isn't more effective than Partington overall IMO and Singo offers slightly more than Bullock too.
Bullock is our strongest ball carrier. We have been crying out for a big prop for years, we finally have one and don’t play him.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Warrior20 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:42 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:40 pm

Bullock is our strongest ball carrier. We have been crying out for a big prop for years, we finally have one and don’t play him.
I wouldn't dispute that he is our strongest ball carrier, but I think Partington (for certain) and Singo offer more overall and probably have longer spells too. Bullock is definitely in my 17 every week though.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

If Bullock can’t get in this Wigan team then something is clearly off in the week. He is literally the only prop we have who makes ground quite comfortably, so there has to be issues somewhere. He’s gone from starting, to getting 15 mins off the bench and now to being dropped.

We’re being dominated in the first 20 mins of games by every single team around the middle and it’s little wonder for me. I like both of Singleton and Partington but they’re too similar and don’t make enough ground. I’d be starting Bullock let alone leaving him out but if something isn’t right behind the scenes (effort, attitude etc), there’s not much we can do.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s good we’re bringing young lads through but they don’t punch a hole through the line, they hit the defence and stop.
That’s why bullock plays for me. If there is problems in the background with him, get rid. That means though we need 2 props coming in, not just the one. Don’t know where we will get them from
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lam plays Bullock but only for short spells. So why's this? Is Bullock carrying an injury but putting his hand up to play? If he's fully fit and the reason our biggest prop isn't playing and starting is a selection decision by Lam then that is dreadful.
We need to start with Bullock and Singleton and it is a must.
No wonder we start poorly with Lam's selection.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:39 pm Lam plays Bullock but only for short spells. So why's this? Is Bullock carrying an injury but putting his hand up to play? If he's fully fit and the reason our biggest prop isn't playing and starting is a selection decision by Lam then that is dreadful.
We need to start with Bullock and Singleton and it is a must.
No wonder we start poorly with Lam's selection.
Is it not with Lams current tactic being basically defend until your opponent has run out of steam that Bullock isn't seeing as much game time?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Maybe hes carrying a knock
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

When Bullock got here he seemed like he could play long minutes with our training you would think that would improve. He does have the odd drop off on D so maybe thats why. For me though he's our best prop at denting the line. He's a big fast unit who the opposite team must target defending and that takes something out their tank. We could see it plainly tonight Clarke makes good hard yards 20m out, couple of tackles left on the floor he keeps legs pumping, a dominant play the ball and we score.
Our halves and backs playing behind some kind of decent go forward would find it much easier. These constant arm wrestle games are frustrating to watch when its easy to see what we lack. Another option would be a threat off the bench around the play the ball just to put doubt in oppositions heads.
The markers almost know we won't scoot unless we are 5m out. No problem with Powell its just we need to offer an option, especially seeing we can't bust teams to make plays off the back of good go forward easier.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

This is affecting my mental health now, Bullock is the best go forward prop by a mile, he should be starting every game and playing decent minutes.
If there is a problem as to why he seems to have been cast into the wilderness tell us. Is he injured? is there a problem with his attitude? whatever the reason which could be something simple tell us.
We are season ticket holders, fans, supporters and investors in this club I think we deserve an explanation, Wigan Warriors is not a secret society, don't treat us like we don't matter, we should not be treated like we are on a need to know only basis.
Judging by the amount of feeling on this issue, the silence coming out of the club is disappointing