Hardaker voted SL Player of the Month

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Hardaker voted SL Player of the Month

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors’ Zak Hardaker has been voted April’s Betfred Super League Player of the Month following his impressive start to the 2021 season.

Hardaker has been recognised by supporters and the four-person panel after his scintillating displays during the opening month of this year’s campaign.

After starring at centre for the majority of 2020, Hardaker began the new season in his favoured full back position. His unrelenting attitude and eye-catching performances have helped his Warriors side maintain their 100 percent record so far in 2021.

During the first four rounds, Hardaker led the way in metres made and tackle busts – averaging 186 metres and eight tackle busts a game – as well as sitting second in try contributions after crossing for four tries and setting up two more.

He was also top of the Steve Prescott MBE Man of Steel leaderboard following the conclusion of Round 4.

Hardaker topped a six-man shortlist which included Jake Connor, Jonny Lomax, Sam Tomkins, Jack Welsby and Gareth Widdop.

Despite his standout performances this season, Hardaker was quick to praise his teammates and recognised the importance of building on their strong start to the year.

On winning the award, he said: “It’s off the back of the performance of the team. We’ve had a really good start – patchy at times – but we’ve really stuck together and come through in the league.

“It’s been a good month for myself. I just need to keep my head down and keep working hard. It’s about doing that for the team and see where we go.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/05/ ... the-month/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan