Today’s team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Today’s team

Post by nathan_rugby »

Hardaker on wing
Bibby and Shorrocks centre

Surely it would be better to have Hardaker centre and Hanley on wing so in theory nobody in back line is out of position whereas we have two out of position.

Lam doesn’t have baffle me at times.

If we win then fair enough, just not a fan of all the tinkering and playing out of position when it’s not needed.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
southportcdm

Re: Today’s team

Post by southportcdm »

Is there another Shorrocks at the club that I've not heard of?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Salford have a few players out so we probably will win which is what it is all about and that will gloss over the ridiculous choices he makes. It baffles me how we make so many changes week in week out. No other top side does that.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

To be fair to Lammy I don't mind him trying a few positional changes if it leads to something positive. He should know what the players are capable of and, as we've seen with Faz this season, when changes are forced upon us he needs to know who's adaptable. Shorrocks is a young player and perhaps he can do a decent job at centre.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:45 am Salford have a few players out so we probably will win which is what it is all about and that will gloss over the ridiculous choices he makes. It baffles me how we make so many changes week in week out. No other top side does that.
How many changes from Monday?
Shorrocks to centre for Isa.
Bullock and Kai Pearce Paul in the squad to replace injuries to Isa and Smithies.
Hardly a lot of changes is it?

Hanley has never played wing in his career up to the couple of games at the beginning of the season. He's either played #1, #6 or #13
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Shorrocks has done really well this season so I hope he does well today. The question really is how does a club like Wigan get to the state where a second-rower playing centre is injured and the only replacement is another forward playing out of position.
Have we really got no young centres who could do a job?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hanley looked well out of place on the wing but again why have Hardaker there?

I dont know Salford are so poor without Watson at the helm Wigan will win but this constant playing players out of position is mind boggling even with injuries pick a side and stick to it or as near as is possible but Lam seems unable to do this.

As others have said surely with that academy of ours there should be ready made replacement for positions to stop this constant playing of players out of position
HDS

Post by HDS »

Will be interesting to see how much game time Joe Bullock gets today. Glad that Mitch Clark is getting another chance.

Looking forward to seeing Kai Pearce Paul playing . Joe looks capable of playing centre he seems pacey with a good skill set, hopefully he will have the defensive positional awareness in the centre position.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:28 pm Hanley looked well out of place on the wing but again why have Hardaker there?

I dont know Salford are so poor without Watson at the helm Wigan will win but this constant playing players out of position is mind boggling even with injuries pick a side and stick to it or as near as is possible but Lam seems unable to do this.

As others have said surely with that academy of ours there should be ready made replacement for positions to stop this constant playing of players out of position
We aren’t very good at producing centres for some reason.

Only Gildart and Goulding in last 10-12 years come to mind.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:55 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:28 pm Hanley looked well out of place on the wing but again why have Hardaker there?

We aren’t very good at producing centres for some reason.

Only Gildart and Goulding in last 10-12 years come to mind.
Fair point but unless the youngster who is in the academy side isn’t getting a chance when injuries come calling when will they get one?

Surely giving a kid a chance is better than this obsession of player merry go round?