George William's released by Canberra

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

George William's released by Canberra

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Last edited by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR on Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: George William's released by Canberra

How can we accommodate George's wage on the cap this season (if he were to sign) . Unless we dropped the alleged hunt for a top class prop .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Can see him joining the wolves. Austin is no longer in the team, so can see him getting released to have the funds for George
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Barney841 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 am Can see him joining the wolves. Austin is no longer in the team, so can see him getting released to have the funds for George
Don't think you can remove a players wage from the cap once he has played this season . Even if that player has been released. Could be wrong (again)

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:38 am How can we accommodate George's wage on the cap this season (if he were to sign) . Unless we dropped the alleged hunt for a top class prop .

Regards EW
Only £75k will count on the Salary Cap. We can afford it.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It would definitely lead to some interesting team selection this season, if we did sign george.Hastings loose,tommy hooker, maybe even george guesting as a fullback for a while if the bevan rumour is true.All very interesting and im sure a prop will follow at some point
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I said in another thread this virus and the restrictions being placed on us will surely focus players mind on both sides of the world I fully expect to see a wave of players return home after this season ends and quite where that leaves the World Cup is anyone’s guess

As for Williams clear he told them enough was enough and I applaud him for it,if nothing else this pandemic has shown the value of family and no job is worth missing them for if you get homesick.

Will Wigan sign him I suspect so to me he was settled here before he left I always felt he would return probably more than Bateman to be honest.

We shall see.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I'm sure I posted a few days ago about Bevan being one of the players that "definitely wont be here next season" Be interesting to see if the rumours of immediate release are true that's for sure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 am I'm sure I posted a few days ago about Bevan being one of the players that "definitely wont be here next season" Be interesting to see if the rumours of immediate release are true that's for sure
I’m surprised Bevan came back to be honest Dan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:31 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:29 am I'm sure I posted a few days ago about Bevan being one of the players that "definitely wont be here next season" Be interesting to see if the rumours of immediate release are true that's for sure
I’m surprised Bevan came back to be honest Dan
Wigan offered him the chance to stay, based on goings on in his personal life, he wanted to return, in his mind to make up for the grand final. I was shocked he returned as well mate.