Referee for Saturday!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Saturday!

Post by josie andrews »

Catalans v Wigan
Saturday 29th May
Stade Gilbert Brutus | KO : 18:00

Referee J. Child

Touch Judge 1 S. Mikalauskas
Touch Judge 2 P. Marklove
Reserve Referee G. Poumes
Reserve Touch Judge J. Tene
Video Referee B. Thaler
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Referee for Saturday!

Post by josie andrews »

Is he the referee we get for almost every game this season 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

And yet our players don’t realise he will penalise them for the slightest infringement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Awful ref to be getting for an away game in France. Our discipline is appalling but he was all over us like a rash at Salford and the French crowd are the best at putting pressure on a referee.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The one really inadequate referee in SL at the moment (Hicks isn't great but nowhere near as bad). Child isn't just bad for us - he's bad for every team. As for getting him repeatedly .................... I try not to be paranoid but..............
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don't agree he's bad for every team. We've benefited from his refereeing at home with ridiculous decisions in our favour.
He's a home referee. Simple as.
If we are to get anything out of this on Saturday then the coaches have to do a pre match assessment on his current decisions, what he's looking out for and he tends to let go. Doing homework on Childs will be as important as doing homework on Catalans.
Get that right and we can win this.
Catalans rarely put two top class games together.
Come on Wigan!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I just hope he lets the game flow….im getting sick if watching refs making the game about them….If the game flows i also think it will work in our favour and refs like him know this
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:54 am Don't agree he's bad for every team. We've benefited from his refereeing at home with ridiculous decisions in our favour.
If we are to get anything out of this on Saturday then the coaches have to do a pre match assessment on his current decisions, what he's looking out for and he tends to let go. Doing homework on Childs will be as important as doing homework on Catalans.
Come on Wigan!
I’ve seen him totally hammer teams at home as well but I agree in the main. He just seems to ref one side and watch them like a hawk and takes great delight in it. His manner on the field is dreadful.

Let’s hope he gets a bee in his bonnet over Catalans early discipline on Saturday and rolls with that because if he focusses on us, as he did at Salford, it could be a long night.
jobo

Post by jobo »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:07 am
Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:54 am Don't agree he's bad for every team. We've benefited from his refereeing at home with ridiculous decisions in our favour.
Come on Wigan!
I’ve seen him totally hammer teams at home as well but I agree in the main. He just seems to ref one side and watch them like a hawk and takes great delight in it. His manner on the field is dreadful.

Let’s hope he gets a bee in his bonnet over Catalans early discipline on Saturday and rolls with that because if he focusses on us, as he did at Salford, it could be a long night.
To be fair, he didn't need to focus on us against Salford, we were so blatantly obvious.

Think Lam needs to drum it into the team that they keep their discipline, otherwise, he's going to cane us.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Not sure what this thing is with Powell and his hand in the tackle. He does it every week and gets penalized every week. The one on Saturday in front of the posts was stupid, he was pulling on the ball and then when it came loose was penalized. When the ref gave it he just trotted off as though he knew.