French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: French

Post by nathan_rugby »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:35 pm I assume that this is some weird kind of coincidence but 3 Aussie players (Field, French, Inglis) having at least 2 months and probably more out with similar injuries. I appreciate hamstring injuries can differ in severity but for 3 players to suffer the worst kind of injury might bear looking at. If it's just bad luck, then we (and they) have to live with it but it needs to be looked at with regard to any future off-season absences down under.
What are you insinuating?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

French certainly doesn't look like the 2020 version so far. Whether it's injury or half-heartedness, I still think he offers alot and would imagine he will return to his previous form eventually.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:38 pm French certainly doesn't look like the 2020 version so far. Whether it's injury or half-heartedness, I still think he offers alot and would imagine he will return to his previous form eventually.
Agreed
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Some have implied that French has a personal issue back home?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:38 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:35 pm I assume that this is some weird kind of coincidence but 3 Aussie players (Field, French, Inglis) having at least 2 months and probably more out with similar injuries. I appreciate hamstring injuries can differ in severity but for 3 players to suffer the worst kind of injury might bear looking at. If it's just bad luck, then we (and they) have to live with it but it needs to be looked at with regard to any future off-season absences down under.
What are you insinuating?
Don't know about insinuating but three overseas players having those kind of extreme injuries (a hamstring pull is about 3 weeks out and a tear much longer, obviously) would be worth a look at any pre-season special needs, problems stemming from long-distance flights and just to see if there might be anything that could help in the future. Or maybe it was just bad luck. Successful clubs tend to try and ensure that if there is a pattern, then something is done to change that pattern. Long-haul flights can cause problems.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:37 pm Some have implied that French has a personal issue back home?
There is a close family member with a serious health issue, that’s why he was given extra time in Oz 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I think people saying French hasn’t been the same player as last season, questioning if his hearts in it etc are missing a huge point-he was playing on the wing in those games. He’s had one full game at fullback and ran for over 200 metres, got a try and an assist and was every bit as good as last season. He then went off early at Salford but looked threatening again early doors.

Huge loss.
Wes

Post by Wes »

josie andrews wrote:
widdenoldboy wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:37 pm Some have implied that French has a personal issue back home?
There is a close family member with a serious health issue, that’s why he was given extra time in Oz [emoji4]
At this point I’d let him go home, he’s been amazing but let’s do the right thing for him, if he’s on a quicker recovery bring him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Yonner

Post by The Yonner »

Who said he's out for 5 months? BBC website says 4 to 6 weeks.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

The Yonner wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:18 pm Who said he's out for 5 months? BBC website says 4 to 6 weeks.
See page 1
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?