French

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: French

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:12 pm I think people saying French hasn’t been the same player as last season, questioning if his hearts in it etc are missing a huge point-he was playing on the wing in those games. He’s had one full game at fullback and ran for over 200 metres, got a try and an assist and was every bit as good as last season. He then went off early at Salford but looked threatening again early doors.

Huge loss.
Completely agree. I don't get the conspiracy theories re French. Sometimes life is as simple as it looks. He picked up a bad injury. That's it.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:12 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:12 pm I think people saying French hasn’t been the same player as last season, questioning if his hearts in it etc are missing a huge point-he was playing on the wing in those games. He’s had one full game at fullback and ran for over 200 metres, got a try and an assist and was every bit as good as last season. He then went off early at Salford but looked threatening again early doors.

Huge loss.
Completely agree. I don't get the conspiracy theories re French. Sometimes life is as simple as it looks. He picked up a bad injury. That's it.
It does look a bad injury but in my view the Bevan I have seen this season looked two yards slower than last year, when he would have gone round Williams with ease.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He may have lost a bit of pace (but is still quick), but he has been a very good full-back for us, and has performed admirably in what can't be an easy situation for him. He certainly has all my good wishes.
Charriots Offiah

moto748 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:22 pm He may have lost a bit of pace (but is still quick), but he has been a very good full-back for us, and has performed admirably in what can't be an easy situation for him. He certainly has all my good wishes.
I am not disputing any of that and I too wish him well.
Charriots Offiah

moto748 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:22 pm He may have lost a bit of pace (but is still quick), but he has been a very good full-back for us, and has performed admirably in what can't be an easy situation for him. He certainly has all my good wishes.
The point I was trying to make was, has he been carrying an injury and did that contribute to the problem against Leigh?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, possibly, it could be. Unfortunately, for him and us, we are where we are.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sky have just Bevan is out for 6 weeks!! That’s 2 broadcasters that have said 6 weeks! So who is right??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:02 pm Sky have just Bevan is out for 6 weeks!! That’s 2 broadcasters that have said 6 weeks! So who is right??
Hence why I commented on another thread about hamstring injuries in general

For complete tears (or off the bone) then it is the maximum. All depends on rest/recuperation in the first few weeks and then the physio they receive afterwards

I get Jai's was a bad one. But surely not every hamstring for every Wigan players sees them out for around 5 months. Hence me wondering if we are placing "worst case scenarios" out every time
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:10 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:02 pm Sky have just Bevan is out for 6 weeks!! That’s 2 broadcasters that have said 6 weeks! So who is right??
Hence why I commented on another thread about hamstring injuries in general

For complete tears (or off the bone) then it is the maximum. All depends on rest/recuperation in the first few weeks and then the physio they receive afterwards

I get Jai's was a bad one. But surely not every hamstring for every Wigan players sees them out for around 5 months. Hence me wondering if we are placing "worst case scenarios" out every time
Thank you for the reply 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Have we had an update from the club yet on his injury,and how long he is likely to be out,as the commentators on sky recon 6 weeks,is this true or speculation.