21-man squad v Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: 21-man squad v Catalans

Post by Caboosegg »

PAB721 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm Our discipline (or lack thereof) has been shocking for years. Why do we never learn? It was bad under Wane and is just ridiculous now. This is not the Wigan I have loved all of my life. I am ashamed right now.
Our Discipline bad under Wane... disagree it was one of the strong areas.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:12 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:48 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:47 pm How the feck can a half ahead button be a red but 3 punches to the face be 10 min in the bin.
I can't argue about Zac's send off. As for Joel - well he is renowned for being protective of his brother but I'm sure he will get a ban also
I have no issue with the Red, I am speechless that tommins only got yellow.
Ohh I think the elder Tomkins will be copping a couple of games for his handiwork
jobo

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:59 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:54 pm
pearsy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:51 pm Out played out coached Wigan in false position in the league?And look at the players they are signing
Don't say that!!! You'll get accused of not being a "real" fan. Support no matter what - you know the score - just stick your head in the sand
There's also a difference between being negative about a bad performance and being negative about every decision the club makes.
Very true
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well that was truly pathetic. There is no excuse for losing 48 nil. No team is going to go unbeaten all season but there is just no excuse for capitulation like that.

Just pulling their collective fingers out ought to have at least brought them into the game and/or stemmed the tide but they were clearly incapable of sorting themselves out and so was Lam. They were all truly pathetic and should be ashamed to pick up a wage this week.

So what are IL and Rads going to do about it? The weaknesses are obvious but to answer my own question I expect them do do nothing. I don’t think the pair of them can recruit anyone who isn’t an ex player or who doesn’t fall into their lap for some reason or other.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jobo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm

Don't say that!!! You'll get accused of not being a "real" fan. Support no matter what - you know the score - just stick your head in the sand
There's also a difference between being negative about a bad performance and being negative about every decision the club makes.
Very true
And I will give you the same reply
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:04 pm

And that is where you are wrong as I am not negative about everything. Yes I did not hear from the club re season ticket - nothing - and I do not care what you say but that is ignorant and the lack of gratitude is disgraceful beyond belief

Recruits?! of course we have no idea what our squad will be next season but we have good ideas who is leaving/retiring and those linked or signed do not hint of better performances especially when said recruits were cast offs from previous coaches
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
PAB721

Post by PAB721 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:14 pm
PAB721 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm Our discipline (or lack thereof) has been shocking for years. Why do we never learn? It was bad under Wane and is just ridiculous now. This is not the Wigan I have loved all of my life. I am ashamed right now.
Our Discipline bad under Wane... disagree it was one of the strong areas.
We will agree to disagree then :D
jobo

Post by jobo »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:21 pm
jobo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm

Very true
And I will give you the same reply
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:04 pm

And that is where you are wrong as I am not negative about everything. Yes I did not hear from the club re season ticket - nothing - and I do not care what you say but that is ignorant and the lack of gratitude is disgraceful beyond belief

Recruits?! of course we have no idea what our squad will be next season but we have good ideas who is leaving/retiring and those linked or signed do not hint of better performances especially when said recruits were cast offs from previous coaches
Not having a pop at you wov, just agreeing that some supporters love to have a go at just about anything the club does.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

On discipline: I don't know whether SL refs are formally following the clampdown on head-high tackles that we are currently seeing in the NRL, but whether explicitly or not, the view about high shots is changing fast in all sports, and players just have to adapt. The vast majority of incidents resulting in a penalty were of the "not a lot in it" category, that might have been let go in previous years. Players can no longer assume that now. They have to act on the basis that any contact with the head will be penalised.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And, as I read a disillusioned Canberra fan write the other day about his team, they look like they just met up in the car-park.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I'm delighted we got our academy license through this week then we can keep churning out good players for everybody else in the league, brilliant.