Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by Mike »

bertina wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:25 am I honestly am amazed by all this hype about wether or or not we are signing George Williams. With the current problems we have with the squad, GW will make bugger all difference. We need 2 good big props at least. If not, in my opinion, it will make no bloody difference who the halves are. They can’t do anything behind a pack that can’t punch it’s way out of its own 25. Bo****ks to GW spend the money where it’s needed most .
We'll need him next season though. Or at least another half.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

bertina wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:25 am I honestly am amazed by all this hype about wether or or not we are signing George Williams. With the current problems we have with the squad, GW will make bugger all difference. We need 2 good big props at least. If not, in my opinion, it will make no bloody difference who the halves are. They can’t do anything behind a pack that can’t punch it’s way out of its own 25. Bo****ks to GW spend the money where it’s needed most .
I agree, with a dominant pack it’s much easier for halves, if we can get a couple of big forwards, Smith and Field will be fine.

I thing Farges will get shown next season if he goes to Hudds, I could play half back behind Saints pack.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:10 am Dan 2266 be careful what you say on this site as any info that does not happen you will be chastised for weeks to come they have long memories :shock: on here :? :? :?
People need to understand things can change in an instant 🤣. If GW doesn't sign, something changed last moment, as I've been trying to repeat. I was told we had signed a prop hence I passed that on, but unfortunately folk seem to remember the prop scenario, but not the time I said Bateman was coming back, Gildart was going (about 3 months before it was announced), Burgess was going to play again, Williams canberra issues were getting resolved 🤣🤣 Anything I pass on comes directly from Wigan, if it doesnt happen, something changed.

Like if Williams doesnt go to Wire, who ever told you that may of been correct at the time, but things change 🤣
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I understand what your saying Dan and don't doubt what you've posted has been right at the time,however my issue is that maybe Williams is dragging this out to give Warrington time to make room under their cap for him by moving someone out, you mentioned right at the beginning that Warrington had made a better offer and I believe that's were he wants to go ,but that means he's messing Wigan about which I believe is out of order
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:10 am Dan 2266 be careful what you say on this site as any info that does not happen you will be chastised for weeks to come they have long memories :shock: on here :? :? :?
People need to understand things can change in an instant 🤣. If GW doesn't sign, something changed last moment, as I've been trying to repeat. I was told we had signed a prop hence I passed that on, but unfortunately folk seem to remember the prop scenario, but not the time I said Bateman was coming back, Gildart was going (about 3 months before it was announced), Burgess was going to play again, Williams canberra issues were getting resolved 🤣🤣 Anything I pass on comes directly from Wigan, if it doesnt happen, something changed.

Like if Williams doesnt go to Wire, who ever told you that may of been correct at the time, but things change 🤣
To be fair you hardly needed any “inside information” to make those predictions. Pretty much any fan could of predicted them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:58 pm

To be fair you hardly needed any “inside information” to make those predictions. Pretty much any fan could of predicted them.

Gildart had a NRL deal in place before covid. I said this. No one else did, no reporters did.

I said Wigan wanted Williams back - before rumours of his homesickness. No one else did, no reporters did.

I was the first to mention Wigan had a confidence in Burgess. No one else did.

I mentioned Toby King interest a week before it hit the media.

I told you all Williams future would be sorted friday - it largely was. No one else said this until after the meeting.

I said before anyone else Bateman was coming back, Gildart was going.

I said We had signed a prop because I was told we had. Mulhern didnt turn up to sign the contract. His agent informed Wigan he signed for Wire.

No one had reported on the “2 props” I said (Mulhern & Livett) until after Livett had signed for cas, someone reported “late interest” from Wigan.

I said before anyone else Bullock has signed for Wire.

Im yet to see any fan predict any of this 🤣🤣

But whatever makes you sleep at night, sounds like someone is salty because they find out things on a message board and don't have access to people themselves 😅😅
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Fair point but not everyone can or will share so I'm happy to read most comments if the member can be bothered to post, thats a big part of why I joined.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

First post and a little dramatic, but my source at Salford (through Budge) is absolutely sure GW has signed up for Wire, did so on Friday. He wanted a new challenge in fresh environment. Pretty sure Trueman will follow Powell for 2022 also.

Dan if you ask your source today, I am more than sure they will go cold on the deal happening :roll:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote:
People need to understand things can change in an instant [emoji1787]. If GW doesn't sign, something changed last moment, as I've been trying to repeat. I was told we had signed a prop hence I passed that on, but unfortunately folk seem to remember the prop scenario, but not the time I said Bateman was coming back, Gildart was going (about 3 months before it was announced), Burgess was going to play again, Williams canberra issues were getting resolved [emoji1787][emoji1787] Anything I pass on comes directly from Wigan, if it doesnt happen, something changed.

Like if Williams doesnt go to Wire, who ever told you that may of been correct at the time, but things change [emoji1787]

I like accurate predictions so whilst you think it’s easy let’s hear yours?....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:14 pm

Gildart had a NRL deal in place before covid. I said this. No one else did, no reporters did.

I said Wigan wanted Williams back - before rumours of his homesickness. No one else did, no reporters did.

I was the first to mention Wigan had a confidence in Burgess. No one else did.

I mentioned Toby King interest a week before it hit the media.

I told you all Williams future would be sorted friday - it largely was. No one else said this until after the meeting.

I said before anyone else Bateman was coming back, Gildart was going.

I said We had signed a prop because I was told we had. Mulhern didnt turn up to sign the contract. His agent informed Wigan he signed for Wire.

No one had reported on the “2 props” I said (Mulhern & Livett) until after Livett had signed for cas, someone reported “late interest” from Wigan.

I said before anyone else Bullock has signed for Wire.

Im yet to see any fan predict any of this 🤣🤣

But whatever makes you sleep at night, sounds like someone is salty because they find out things on a message board and don't have access to people themselves 😅😅
Dont react to ppl who get smart after the event. Your right most of the time.