Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:58 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:11 am Can’t help but Williams would thrive under Powell and yes Wane if he was to return but under Lam I don’t know as he clearly doesn’t know his best side
He might thrive under Powell but under Wane? Williams got a lot of stick here for his one dimensional play under Wane as Williams seemingly stuck to orders (like Powell at 9) and the fact he looked a better player in Oz under a different coach is no coincidence in my opinion. We need a new coach for next season but please not Wane.
That may be so but if I’m honest I never really wanted Wane to leave in the first place he knew how to win games and while at times it wasnt pretty the dirge that’s been served up since he left isn’t any better and I’d say slightly worse,the club has gone backwards.

As for Williams he looked better because the sheer overall standard of player is far better in Australia and he seemed to have a different role over there if he comes back,which I doubt,it’ll be interesting to see which version of Williams emerges.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm bored of tries being score from kicks. Where's the line breaks? We need to drop to 11-a-side.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 pm That may be so but if I’m honest I never really wanted Wane to leave in the first place he knew how to win games and while at times it wasnt pretty the dirge that’s been served up since he left isn’t any better and I’d say slightly worse,the club has gone backwards.
I'm not sure about returning coaches as it rarely works out. Didn't for John Monie and he had a far higher pedigree than Wane (besides which the club's got rid of all his project players)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:54 pm I'm bored of tries being score from kicks. Where's the line breaks? We need to drop to 11-a-side.
And play with a round ball?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:06 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 pm That may be so but if I’m honest I never really wanted Wane to leave in the first place he knew how to win games and while at times it wasnt pretty the dirge that’s been served up since he left isn’t any better and I’d say slightly worse,the club has gone backwards.
I'm not sure about returning coaches as it rarely works out. Didn't for John Monie and he had a far higher pedigree than Wane (besides which the club's got rid of all his project players)
Completely agree with you,it doesn’t usually work out but the club is in a stodgy place at the moment,Lam hasn’t worked out let’s be fair and it may be in these uncertain times it may be a return is on the cards,who knows though?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:58 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:11 am Can’t help but Williams would thrive under Powell and yes Wane if he was to return but under Lam I don’t know as he clearly doesn’t know his best side
He might thrive under Powell but under Wane? Williams got a lot of stick here for his one dimensional play under Wane as Williams seemingly stuck to orders (like Powell at 9) and the fact he looked a better player in Oz under a different coach is no coincidence in my opinion. We need a new coach for next season but please not Wane.
That may be so but if I’m honest I never really wanted Wane to leave in the first place he knew how to win games and while at times it wasnt pretty the dirge that’s been served up since he left isn’t any better and I’d say slightly worse,the club has gone backwards.

As for Williams he looked better because the sheer overall standard of player is far better in Australia and he seemed to have a different role over there if he comes back,which I doubt,it’ll be interesting to see which version of Williams emerges.
We need a different coach. Someone with a new approach not linked to what we have had for the last decade and I am not sure about this winning record. In seven years he got Wigan to Wembley just twice and won it once. That’s rubbish for the resources he had and he should have seen him sacked before he left for that reason. His GF record is also pretty poor given the state of the opposition and resources (Saints were not up to much for most of his time here). He won’t it in 2013, 16 & 18

Wane would be mad to come back anyway. He has a high reputation with some (not me!) and he risks ruining it given the squad we have is not up to it in the pack.

He might get them to bust a gut more than Lam seemingly does but we will still fall short without an upgraded pack and signing Williams won’t make a any difference to that.
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

Paul Rowley for me all day long. Don't know what he's up to these days, but he knew how to get the best out of players and played some great rugby at Leigh...
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Shevvylad wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:50 pm Paul Rowley for me all day long. Don't know what he's up to these days, but he knew how to get the best out of players and played some great rugby at Leigh...
I think he is still at Salford.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

As little as it may seem….. Williams has changed his twitter cover photo to him in a wigan top with Sutton & Gildart. Now if I was about to sign for Warrington I don’t think I would do that….. considering he has changed his profile picture to a great Britain kit.

Tomorrows friday but im not going to say it 🤣
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Warrington have made a new offer late last night / this morning.

Which tells me all I need to know, and goes with what I have said all along, he is Wigan bound bar from a bizarre offer from Warrington.