Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
irl_warr

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by irl_warr »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:58 pm
irl_warr wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:18 pm First post and a little dramatic, but my source at Salford (through Budge) is absolutely sure GW has signed up for Wire, did so on Friday. He wanted a new challenge in fresh environment. Pretty sure Trueman will follow Powell for 2022 also.

Dan if you ask your source today, I am more than sure they will go cold on the deal happening :roll:
George has not signed for Warrington as of today.
Asked again yesterday evening, according to Budge he has already signed for Warrington. Also Wire are shopping around Jake Mamo.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I mentioned about 6 weeks ago i had heard he was going to Warrington and nothing has changed hope i am wrong
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Also we would have been better going for Jake Mamor a recognised good winger than going to London Broncos looks like Warrington are taking us to the cleaners with recruitment always 1 step ahead , heard Wigan sniffing around Shevington Sharks for freebies
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If Williams ‘has signed’ for Warrington they wouldn’t be waiting to announce it they’d be cockerhoop & peeing their pants to get it out there that they’d got one over on Wigan Warriors!

We had all this when Sam Tomkins was returning from NZ that he was a Warrington fan & was signing for them. Funny as every time Sam has free time over here & if Wigan are playing at the DW he’s always here!

So until either club announce it, it’s all he said she said IMO!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:22 pm What’s the latest Dan2266 heard out new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apparently he’s chose Warrington
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Wow how bad is the finance situation. We have had liads of big earners off the cap recently. IL needs to be open about this
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

thegimble wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:16 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Wow how bad is the finance situation. We have had liads of big earners off the cap recently. IL needs to be open about this
How do you know its financial it could be
A player who had already won it all at wigan chooses to take a new challenge.

But I imagine Wigans financials are in the same situation as all other clubs after nearly 2 years of lockdowns. On the plus side we are not having to maintain a stadium that's not producing the extra income it needs to survive.

I not to fussed although it's annoying to see so players I rate going Warrington we need an organiser, Smith can be our Williams style player.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:32 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:10 pm Apparently he’s chose Warrington

But I imagine Wigans financials are in the same situation as all other clubs after nearly 2 years of lockdowns. On the plus side we are not having to maintain a stadium that's not producing the extra income it needs to survive.
Will cost Wire more on a cap which they seem to have no issue with. Their squad is better than ours. Their props alone are well ahead of ours Our squad has been weakening for years.

If he chose Wire for the challenge line is bollocks. Players go with the money. So if we are in yhe same boat we are our signings apart from Hastings snd Bateman nrl average playets or championship level. Bibby, Clarke, and the new Broncos winget were after. When Wire get Austin Inglis Williams and Widdop
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

thegimble wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Will cost Wire more on a cap which they seem to have no issue with. Their squad is better than ours. Their props alone are well ahead of ours Our squad has been weakening for years.

If he chose Wire for the challenge line is bollocks. Players go with the money. So if we are in yhe same boat we are our signings apart from Hastings snd Bateman nrl average playets or championship level. Bibby, Clarke, and the new Broncos winget were after. When Wire get Austin Inglis Williams and Widdop
Inglis is a has been that is not a good signing.
Austin only looks good behind a strong pack (which wire have currently)
Widdop has only just come good.

Bibby was a Superleague regular and has been brilliant for us.

We also signed George Burgess who ended up being a nothing signing, but that's no different to wire signing Ignlis other that Burgess hadn't been retired for 2 years.

Hasting signed another 1 year deal, French stayed Bateman came back and we signed Field (an unknown but I doubt cheap)

Wire also signed Gelling and Kibula, that union player and a championship prop let's not pretend there recruitment is all amazing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 pm
thegimble wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Inglis is a has been that is not a good signing.
Austin only looks good behind a strong pack (which wire have currently)
Widdop has only just come good.

Bibby was a Superleague regular and has been brilliant for us.

We also signed George Burgess who ended up being a nothing signing, but that's no different to wire signing Ignlis other that Burgess hadn't been retired for 2 years.

Hasting signed another 1 year deal, French stayed Bateman came back and we signed Field (an unknown but I doubt cheap)

Wire also signed Gelling and Kibula, that union player and a championship prop let's not pretend there recruitment is all amazing.
Inglis a gamble they could afford to take and not the marquee unlike Burgess. Wire have been mediocre but we have been worse